BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2015 3:18 pm  #81

Re: Golden Globes 2015

Awh, that just warms my heart so much! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2015 3:18 pm  #82

nakahara wrote:

"Faked" love.
Incredibly heartwarming.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 13, 2015 3:25 pm  #83

Indeed, faked... I wonder how they managed to get pregnant with such little warmth and devotion....
Gosh, need to get this off my chest: I read a few articles about GG online and there were such nasty comments on Sophie, how she was too cool and possessive. And furthermore some users kept analyzing the set table, and if she had a glass of champagne and how often she was seen drinking when she must have been expecting already. And if the kid will be alright because of that.  Really nasty!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 13, 2015 3:28 pm  #84

It's a total waste of energy to get yourself worked up because of stuff like this. There will always be people who come up with such nonsense and nasty things. I hope Benedict and Sophie know how to deal with it and, better still, how to ignore it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 13, 2015 4:43 pm  #85

Ivy wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I couldn't resist and had to do this, those two are just so cute together. Yes, cute, I mean it.

I think it's this video

Can someone read lips? What are Karon and Sophie talking about?
Actually Karon is quite annoying always in the background...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 13, 2015 4:44 pm  #86

It's Karon's job to be there in the background.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2015 6:08 pm  #87

You tell 'em, girl!  Tee Hee.
Heck the pix/vids from the Globes are amazing..Benedict's event in that sense.
Haters gotta hate..but I will point out to the blind idiots in the fandom; the photos show Sophie is CLEARLY drinking water- the girl is not a moron.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2015 6:09 pm  #88

SolarSystem wrote:

It's a total waste of energy to get yourself worked up because of stuff like this. There will always be people who come up with such nonsense and nasty things. I hope Benedict and Sophie know how to deal with it and, better still, how to ignore it.

All totally true.

I think part of the "cool" image is because in posed photos, Sophie always keeps her mouth closed--in candid shots, we get to see her face light up with her real smile, and she looks anything but cool or possessive!

That's such a tender picture, with their foreheads together there...

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 13, 2015 6:23 pm  #89

Aw, what a lovely picture! 

Watching the GG now, actually. Him and Sophie were in two of the "coming up" shots, quite cute.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 13, 2015 7:15 pm  #90

I'm watching it on the telly now, Just got to see Ben's first Red Carpet interview there.

Can I just say how much I admire how he always talk about Turing, promoting the man! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2015 7:18 pm  #91

I love his enthusiasm for Turing. Ben just seems like such a nice guy. Not nice - good guy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 13, 2015 8:12 pm  #92

miriel68 wrote:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/c37cac80a4eac2b4e3d9b62e12e72ef7/tumblr_ni1pkd13791qdghnpo5_1280.jpg

A btw this pic really broke my heart. You can see he is disappointed.

I just saw the entire GG. That was from when his name was read up as one of the nominees. He first smiles, and then becomes slightly Cumbershy. When they announced the winner, he was not shown. 

Team Hudders!

January 13, 2015 8:50 pm  #93

Some lovely things 

and this:   

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 13, 2015 9:00 pm  #94

Oh my love for this man knows no bounds. 

he's just the entire package! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2015 9:26 pm  #95

Ivy wrote:

Some lovely things 

and this:   

Made me laugh so hard

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

January 13, 2015 9:38 pm  #96

MartaSt wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Some lovely things 

Made me laugh so hard

Reminds me of my favorite #GoldenGlobes tweet, posted just post-photobomb--something along the lines of: "Does Sophie realize she's going to be caring for two children?" :D

And here are some GG related articles: EOnline has a (short) post-Golden Globes video interview with Benedict; someone at HuffPo Canada apparently has a full-time job posting photos of Benedict; and People magazine has [url=http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/article/0,,20881790_20891386,00.html]A Brief History of Cumberbombing[/url].

Last edited by REReader (January 13, 2015 9:42 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 13, 2015 9:40 pm  #97

I think she will be the strict parent , if they get a girl he will be lost  anyway.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 14, 2015 1:28 am  #98

Hello everyone,
I´ve been following your interesting and insightful discussions on this forum for quite a long time. Now I have to finally gather up my courage and post something aswell.
Benedict and Sophie are obviously very much in love and completely happy with their situation. Sophie seems to be handling the crazy attention very professionally and cool. I don`t think she looks commanding or anything, just less reserved than in the first pictures immediately after the engagement. They will be a lovely familiy and I wish them all the happiness in the world.
That said, I can`t help but feel a little worried about the amount of publicity Benedict gets. The whole oscar campain was a mess in my opinion. They hyped the movie so much, always repeating the same stuff until everybody was utterly sick of it and the press did the rest by printing and reprinting the same quotes over and over because Benedict is the big poster boy now. There are some really nasty articles out there about Benedict beeing attention seeking in contrast to the other award contenders who did more "dignified" campaigning and will probably get more awards for it. I don`t want to spread negativity and I know that Benedict is not attention seeking and means every word he says about the importance of Alan Turing. But he tends to take up quite a lot of room in interviews together with other actors for example, because he talks so much when he feels passionately about a subject and gets a little overexcited. I`m just worried that the press will turn on him in the end, to paraphrase John Watson, and paint him as the pompous git with the crazy fangirls who gets all the attention for photobombing people at awards ceremonies while all the "serious actors" take home their awards.
Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this off my chest.

As you can see from this post, I very often worry far too much about the public image and what other people might think of myself or people I admire. At the same time the people I find attractive and admire the most are very often people that have absolutely no problem with being themselves, just like Benedict.
Did he not say in an interview that it was the best thing in the world to find the one human being that can accept you just as you are? God, I really wish them all the happiness, that`s absolutely beautiful
Sorry, my thoughts are getting a little convoluted, I need to go to bed. Therapy session over

Greetings from Germany

January 14, 2015 6:24 am  #99

TwoSouls, I pretty much agree with you on the Oscar campaign for TIG. But it's not Benedict's fault at all, I would think it has a lot to do with Weinstein and how he approaches such things. Yes, Weinstein is always searching for excellent movies, at the same time he is a business man and has to think about money as well - and awards mean money. So his promotional campaigns are quite in-your-face.
The fact that Benedict talks a lot (and quite often more than others)... well, that's Benedict. I admit that by now I've heard a couple of things he has to say about TIG and Alan Turing one time too often, but let's not forget that we are fan girls who watch and read practically every single one of his interviews. So of course a lot of things seem repetitive to us, while the normal viewer or reader doesn't come across Benedict's promotional speeches again and again.
What I worry more about though are things like his photobombs. I know that his fandom loves him for stuff like this, but people in the business might think he's a snob who's trying to get even more attention through a photobomb. And I know that everyone should just be him-/herself and not care too much about what other people think of him/her. And as long as Benedict feels comfortable with the attention, it's all fine. I just hope it doesn't backfire on him eventually.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 14, 2015 6:48 am  #100

I think he's like a bouncy happy puppy at the moment...he will calm down!
But certainly from what I saw of the Globes footage..everybody just seemed to love what he did.
Everybody just seems to love him per se.
It 's one of the reasons I like him so much.

Last edited by besleybean (January 14, 2015 6:49 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera