BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2015 12:05 pm  #41

Re: Golden Globes 2015

Oh, it would be a bit too pessimistic to think that, wouldn´t it?

Also, why have Oscar as an independent Award if its awards were predetermined that way?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2015 12:19 pm  #42

He´s so excited!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2015 12:22 pm  #43

And giddy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 12, 2015 12:32 pm  #44

Love that guy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 12:44 pm  #45

Aw, cute pic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 1:50 pm  #46

Vhanja wrote:

Isn't usually a thing that the winners of Golden Globe will usually win Oscars? So if TIG won nothing at GG, they probably won't win anything at Oscar's either?

Not always, just read an article about it. There could be a dark horse.

To be a nitpicker, we have two best actor categories (drama & musical/comedy) at the Globes und just one at the Oscars, so Keaton and Redmayne would have to share the Oscar

So, we'll see whom of the ten GG best actor nom. will get a nomination for the Oscar. But I hope he gets one.

nakahara wrote:

He´s so excited!

But about what? Did he hear his name instead of Eddie?!

Last edited by Ivy (January 12, 2015 1:52 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 12, 2015 2:09 pm  #47

Ivy wrote:

To be a nitpicker, we have two best actor categories (drama & musical/comedy) at the Globes und just one at the Oscars, so Keaton and Redmayne would have to share the Oscar

So, we'll see whom of the ten GG best actor nom. will get a nomination for the Oscar. But I hope he gets one.

I'm sure Benedict will get a nomination, but as you correctly said: Eddie and Michael Keaton can't both get an Oscar, so they both will be a huge competition for Benedict now. But you never know what's gonna happen, and let's not forget that it is the Hollywood Foreign Press that votes for the Golden Globes, but that it will only be actors and actresses who get a vote in the actors categories at the Oscar. They just might take a closer look and come to a different result in their verdict than the press and media people.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2015 2:13 pm  #48

Hehe, this was funny.

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 2:26 pm  #49

That's my hope to, Solar.
But collegues are usually very supportive if someone has a comeback, like Keaton, I'm sure some of them vote because of sympathy, on the other hand it's very hard to say that the acting of person A worth more than person B, that's a matter of opinion.

By the way, I've an example for a dark horse. Gary Oldmann didn't get a GG nomination but a Oscar nomination for TTSS.

It looks like her dress has pockets? That's my kind of dress.

----------

January 12, 2015 3:10 pm  #50

Ivy wrote:

But collegues are usually very supportive if someone has a comeback, like Keaton, I'm sure some of them vote because of sympathy, on the other hand it's very hard to say that the acting of person A worth more than person B, that's a matter of opinion.

Yes, I think Keaton has a very good chance for walking away with the Oscar. It's a comeback, he is American and the Oscar is a real American event. And I'm sure he knows a lot of people in the industry, far more people than Benedict or Eddie could know, so that might also be something one has to take into account.
But you're right, how do you even compare the quality of the work of different actors in very different roles...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2015 3:26 pm  #51

Vhanja wrote:

Hehe, this was funny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 12, 2015 3:38 pm  #52

I love Colin

----------

January 12, 2015 3:49 pm  #53

What a shame that there wasn't a single win!

But the pics, gifs and videos I have seen it looks like our man had a blast! Can't wait to watch this on TV tomorrow! 

As for the chances of an Oscar win, the other day a Danish expert said that the GG was usually where the movie that couldn't win an Oscar won. So I'm hopeful! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2015 5:28 pm  #54

Well, last year they gave a lot of GG to the "American Hustler" (and I was livid about it, because if found it much overrated film) but then at Oscars AH hadn't won a single award (and I was SO glad, bad girl)

January 12, 2015 5:31 pm  #55

http://41.media.tumblr.com/c37cac80a4eac2b4e3d9b62e12e72ef7/tumblr_ni1pkd13791qdghnpo5_1280.jpg

A btw this pic really broke my heart. You can see he is disappointed.

January 12, 2015 5:31 pm  #56

Was this really necessary? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2015 5:35 pm  #57

I'm not going to look at it. The fact that TIG won nothing, and he won nothing, is the reason I'm glad I never watched GG in the first place.

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 5:36 pm  #58

Aaaawh  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2015 5:41 pm  #59

SusiGo wrote:

Was this really necessary? 

I only put the link, so the more sensible souls can be spared the torment. I do remember he looked like this when he lost the second Bafta nomination for Sherlock.

January 12, 2015 5:55 pm  #60

Vhanja wrote:

Aw, lovely pics of him with the champagne. 

Isn't usually a thing that the winners of Golden Globe will usually win Oscars? So if TIG won nothing at GG, they probably won't win anything at Oscar's either?

It's more a thing that winning a Golden Globe spurs Oscar buzz, which is supposed to be a help with gaining Oscar votes--but buzz isn't always help enough. 

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera