BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2014 7:48 am  #1

Caption competition week No 62

Hello, it´s time for a new caption competition.

This week it will be this picture:

Give it your best!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2014 8:06 am  #2

Re: Caption competition week No 62

Sherlock: "Can't you see that you're disturbing us? If you don't leave John and me alone right now, I'll make you into shoes!"

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2014 8:17 am  #3

Good one, Solar! Poor Dimmock - he should learn when to enter the rooms currently occupied by our duo.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2014 11:18 am  #4

Sherlock: Did you say nice butt, Dimmock? Did you just say nice butt to John, Dimmock? Did you really just say nice butt to my John, Detective Dimmock?
John: Sherlock, could you please calm down, he asked who has got the guts to search Vancoon for more hidden messages.
Sherlock: Oh....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 25, 2014 11:37 am  #5

LOL ... mrshouse . Amazing!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 25, 2014 11:41 am  #6

I love it!

November 25, 2014 11:54 am  #7

Sherlock: "Bromance, Dimmock? Did you just say bromance, Dimmock...?!"

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 25, 2014 12:18 pm  #8

Even better!

November 25, 2014 11:40 pm  #9

Sherlock:    "No seriously, who IS your stylist?"

December 1, 2014 7:00 pm  #10

Awesome picture…  but toughie!  Been stuck for something much more creative/witty than-

Sherlock - Staring contest… I've been practicing… go!
John - Oh great, here we go again.  He never wins when they start staring in those eyes.

Sherlock - You said what about my mum?
John - Oh dear.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 2, 2014 7:46 am  #11

Sherlock:   A word of advice, back off.    Though I'm sure he's flattered, Dr. Watson really is a one-man man.

December 2, 2014 6:28 pm  #12

Sherlock:    And you, sir,   are no Lestrade.

December 2, 2014 6:39 pm  #13

Dimmock: "Agree, Mr Holmes, he may have pouty lips at the moment, but I'm sure you can fix that with a kiss!"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 5, 2014 8:08 am  #14

It was quite hard to choose from the captions this week, because all were equally good. Still, one was my absolute champion of them all and so I declare it a winner:

SolarSystem wrote:

Sherlock: "Bromance, Dimmock? Did you just say bromance, Dimmock...?!"

Congratulation, Solar!

December 5, 2014 9:03 am  #15

Congratulations, Solar, well done
I fail to see what is wrong with a good bromance, though....
*ducking away and hiding in her cave*

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 5, 2014 9:19 am  #16

Oh yes, Solar, great one! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 5, 2014 9:53 am  #17

Yeah, Solar, loved that one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2014 2:19 pm  #18

Oh my... and I completely stole the idea from mrshouse, so this should really go to the both of us. 
Buuuuuut since there's only one award... I'll take it. And keep it. It's mine... 

And I'm warning you, I'm crap at picking a pic for this competition, so... let's see what I can come up with... 

December 5, 2014 2:28 pm  #19

NOOOOOOOO!!! GIVE IT TO MEEEE; I WANT TO TOUCH IT ONE LAST TIME!!!

Board footera