BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2016 2:29 am  #41

Re: "The Taliban Shuffle"

I like "comical tragedy or tragical comedy" which is from the title of a Neil Gaiman book. I don't know if this is a good description of WTF, I just like the phrase

Last edited by ukaunz (March 7, 2016 2:31 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2016 2:52 am  #42

Well, the movie has serious and/or dramatic moments, but I wouldn't say it's tragic.

Clueing for looks.

March 7, 2016 6:39 am  #43

Just a new word for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 20, 2016 5:26 pm  #44

Watched WTF over the weekend.  Good movie, Martin is hot as hell.  And that accent, liquid sex.  *thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 9, 2016 12:53 am  #45

I finally got around to seeing WTF, what a great film. The drama was balanced very well with the funny moments. I know it's a common trope, but I liked all the bits where Fahim tactfully makes up stuff to tell Kim instead of truthfully translating what has really been said to her in Farsi. I actually had to watch the film twice because the first time I watched it on the laptop the subtitles were switched off and I couldn't get em to work. The second time round was much funnier

I liked the character of Iain too, despite him being such a lech to start off with. Okay, he's a loveable lech I had to google one of his phrases: "Il y a du monde au balcon. Pas mal." which apparently means "The balcony is crowded. Not bad." In other words Kim has good cleavage, apparently. Never heard that one before!

Lol also for the fake Aussies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera