BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2014 9:32 am  #161

Re: Benedict's Engagement

That gif set made me smile

I do feel a bit sorry for the young girls who would have reacted that way though... 
I still haven't forgiven this German band that they 'cheated' me and didn't come to Denmark when I finally had tickets... it's been 7 years and I still snarl when I see pictures of them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2014 9:48 am  #162

Those gifs are hilarious and cheered me up no end!
The sad thing though - it's not just 15 year olds behaving like that - I'm glad others can see the crazy in it though.
I'm still Benaddicted, because honestly, for me that has always meant loving his talent, and his enthusiasm, as well as being very easy on the eye! ;) - I really don't need anything more from him.
And I'm genuinely delighted that he's found happiness in his private life

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

November 13, 2014 10:22 am  #163

nakahara wrote:

I don´t know where and when this was broadcasted or what it is but I find it hilarious in a crazy way:

Hello nakahara, if you want to watch this go to the link I posted yesterday *LOL*

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=195546#p195546

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 13, 2014 10:24 am  #164

Ivy wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I don´t know where and when this was broadcasted or what it is but I find it hilarious in a crazy way:

Hello nakahara, if you want to watch this go to the link I posted yesterday *LOL*

Thank you, ivy! Yesterday I was here only for a few minutes, otherwise I wouldn´t have miss this! But I will definitely watch it today!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 13, 2014 10:30 am  #165

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I still haven't forgiven this German band that they 'cheated' me and didn't come to Denmark when I finally had tickets... it's been 7 years and I still snarl when I see pictures of them

Which band was that, if I may ask? 

And Tinks, I totally agree. My Benaddiction has nothing to do with his private life (although secretly I always hoped that he would end up marrying Hiddles, but never mind that now... [and yes, please note: irony.]). I love all the pics we get of him on red carpets and all that, and I certainly wouldn't mind him bringing Sophie along to some of those events in the furture, on the contrary. Should he get an Oscar nomination for TIG, I seriously hope he will be there with Sophie instead of his publicist. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 13, 2014 10:35 am  #166

Ivy wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Ups, I just discovered that too right now - where were my eyes yesterday? - and must wipe all that tears out of my face now.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 13, 2014 10:36 am  #167

It's even more hilarious with sound

Yeah, that's the problem links can easily be overlooked. I don't wanna know what I missed because I didn't see it.

----------

November 13, 2014 11:09 am  #168

SolarSystem wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Which band was that, if I may ask? 

And Tinks, I totally agree. My Benaddiction has nothing to do with his private life (although secretly I always hoped that he would end up marrying Hiddles, but never mind that now... [and yes, please note: irony.]). I love all the pics we get of him on red carpets and all that, and I certainly wouldn't mind him bringing Sophie along to some of those events in the furture, on the contrary. Should he get an Oscar nomination for TIG, I seriously hope he will be there with Sophie instead of his publicist. 

The band was Tokio Hotel... they were pretty much my life when I was 17... 

And I have to agree with you, it would be amazing to see him with Sophie if (when!) he gets the Oscar nomination.
I'd love to see them comfortable about being out and about together... but their privacy is also important...

I remember the words I wrote in the letter I sent him with the socks... "I wish you so much happiness, no matter what that means to you". Well, he got that didn't he? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2014 11:22 am  #169

Ha, Phantom, for a second I actually thought about asking you if it was them. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 13, 2014 11:28 am  #170

I was heartbroken... I had worked hard on a petition to get them to come... when they cancelled the concert I was just so sad... I actually don't think they ever came here... so yeah... that was my teens lol.

But oh well... It's not easy being a teenager and a big fan of someone... 

But for me Ben's happiness means more to me than anything in a way... I owe him a lot I feel (yes this sounds stupid!) but he really pulled me through this messed up year of my life... This is actually perfect for me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2014 3:19 pm  #171

Ivy wrote:

Yes exactly, why should it change. Even if he would become a monk or announce that he's gay would change that he's is f***ing hot and a brilliant actor.
It isn't in his contract to never have a relationship just to keep some 15 years old fans happy.

I once had a huge crush on an actor that was an out gay man.  I was talking about how hot he was one time when someone decided they had to comment "You know he's gay don't you"?  In a very snide manner.
My response was "You know I don't atually expect to ever have sex with him don't you." with maximum sass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 13, 2014 3:25 pm  #172

Good answer, tonnaree
So your sharp and pointy remarks did not come up when you joined this cosy place?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 13, 2014 3:27 pm  #173

mrshouse wrote:

Good answer, tonnaree
So your sharp and pointy remarks did not come up when you joined this cosy place?

mrhouse, I met my husband bacause we both were memebers of a discusion forum called Smartasses Online.

Does that tell you anything? 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 13, 2014 3:29 pm  #174

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

November 13, 2014 3:49 pm  #175

Best response. Ever!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (November 13, 2014 3:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2014 3:59 pm  #176

And to be honest, I didn't actually say "have sex" at that time.  But I do try to behave here!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 13, 2014 6:43 pm  #177

tonnaree wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Yes exactly, why should it change. Even if he would become a monk or announce that he's gay would change that he's is f***ing hot and a brilliant actor.
It isn't in his contract to never have a relationship just to keep some 15 years old fans happy.

I once had a huge crush on an actor that was an out gay man.  I was talking about how hot he was one time when someone decided they had to comment "You know he's gay don't you"?  In a very snide manner.
My response was "You know I don't atually expect to ever have sex with him don't you." with maximum sass.

Fantastic response.

I don't know why it matters that someone is married or gay. That person doesn't stop beeing hot because of that.That's really weird.

Last edited by Ivy (November 13, 2014 7:43 pm)

----------

November 13, 2014 6:50 pm  #178

Andrew Scott is as hot as hell.
A while ago now, there was lovely young girl who ran an Andrew Sott account on Twitter...but she didn't actually know he was gay.
What's more, Derren Brown tweeted her, thinking she actually was Andrew!
It was at that point I suggested she changed the name of her account...which she did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 13, 2014 11:00 pm  #179

nakahara wrote:

That is absolutely brilliant! What show was this on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 14, 2014 5:02 am  #180

Didn't recognize the host in the first gif?  That's Conan O'Brien!  Love how they rib about the whole thing! 

Eeee!!  I just found the clip:  (omg, Conan's expression!!)   

Edit -- Ooops…  sorry Ivy!  Just re-read back and realized you posted a link too (then also pointed it out again when someone asked about the gifs)… must have not seen either, and since thought SH hadn't seen from her just asking about it, I thought I'd look on youtube.  Extra craziness for all!

Last edited by Russell (November 14, 2014 5:08 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera