BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2014 1:08 pm  #121

Re: Benedict's Engagement

Well they've not been seen together since Burlesque...
So maybe the Rebecca Eaton story is true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2014 1:29 pm  #122

besleybean wrote:

Well they've not been seen together since Burlesque...
So maybe the Rebecca Eaton story is true.

Yes, could be.

Sophie seems very good at being private and not being photographed a lot in public and it looks like Ben has learned a few tricks  He used to be much more outspoken.
So what I mean is, who knows how long they've been seeing eachother.

November 8, 2014 1:34 pm  #123

We do know.
The initial rumour story(from one of Benedict's inner circle) said 3 months and that was in April.
I believe this to be the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 8, 2014 1:57 pm  #124

Yes there are several rumours 

I guess its up to anyone what they choose to believe.

November 8, 2014 3:42 pm  #125

I guess Burlesque Fairytales will be available soon. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 8, 2014 5:17 pm  #126

Rumours started when they had been seen at F1 (or whatever), but they could have beeing dating longer, only kept it private. Not for very long, though, since last year CM reported about his mum wanting him to find "a bird"

November 8, 2014 5:22 pm  #127

I'm glad she said "bird" and not "goldfish"   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2014 5:35 pm  #128

Oh, was she at F1? Yeah I forgot...which ones?  
If she was with him in Australia, she was kept out of the photos.

November 9, 2014 8:50 am  #129

Sorry, I meant that event in France in June... it was French Open, wasn't it? Seeing that she has a career on her own, I don't think she has time to follow him around the globe.

November 9, 2014 8:52 am  #130

Quite.  Though you wouldn't want them to have to be apart as long as Amanda and Martin were in Hobbit days.

November 9, 2014 8:58 am  #131

They honestly suit each other so well.

The gifs of them in Burlesque are cute. Awh. It warms my heart! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 9, 2014 8:59 am  #132

Except they were both with other people then!

November 9, 2014 9:19 am  #133

besleybean wrote:

Quite.  Though you wouldn't want them to have to be apart as long as Amanda and Martin were in Hobbit days.

I don't think there is any danger of it, unless he is going to spend months in America, filming dr Strange. But in that case may be she would try to do her next producing & directing project in America, as well.

November 10, 2014 9:18 am  #134

The filming schedule for The Hobbit was unusual in its length (I guess it would need to be to spin it out to three films). Most shooting schedules are less than this and often have breaks within them for returns home etc. Another consideration is that an actor of his (now international) standing is able to be more selective with what work he chooses to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2014 10:57 am  #135

I'm glad people on here seem still to be happy for them.
Seems I can't completely stay away from the internet! And some of the comments I've seen this past day or two have really saddened me.
They range from the spoilt and horribly entitled, who seem to think Benedict should share every aspect of his private life with his fans (despite previously defending his right to privacy), to others who, despite having life-partners themselves, seem to have expected BC to live his life alone, so that they could continue to fantasise about him.
Not to mention the downright cruel and bitter comments about the lady he loves.
Honestly, I thought I'd had enough when I saw the way people behaved when he wore something they don't like, or got a haircut!!! But the engagement has really brought out the worst in some people:-(
Sorry, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

November 10, 2014 11:07 am  #136

Heads up, Tinks.
I belive those awful trolls are just a minority, albeit very vocal and very visible.
There are certainly many, many decent fans who are happy for Benedict, but who don´t post much on the internet. That doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 10, 2014 11:11 am  #137

Tinks wrote:

I'm glad people on here seem still to be happy for them.
Seems I can't completely stay away from the internet! And some of the comments I've seen this past day or two have really saddened me.
They range from the spoilt and horribly entitled, who seem to think Benedict should share every aspect of his private life with his fans (despite previously defending his right to privacy), to others who, despite having life-partners themselves, seem to have expected BC to live his life alone, so that they could continue to fantasise about him.
Not to mention the downright cruel and bitter comments about the lady he loves.
Honestly, I thought I'd had enough when I saw the way people behaved when he wore something they don't like, or got a haircut!!! But the engagement has really brought out the worst in some people:-(
Sorry, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

I completely agree with you. I hope BC doesn't have to hear any of these negative comments.

“Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!” -Sherlock

November 10, 2014 11:13 am  #138

Thanks nakahara
I'm sure you're right - it just makes me sad sometimes to see the kind of behaviour that these people think is acceptable.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

November 10, 2014 11:21 am  #139

All that matters at the end is that Ben has found love with a wonderful lady that is his perfect match.
Those haters will soon move onto another subject, on which they would project their vitriol. They should be ignored.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 10, 2014 1:09 pm  #140

I'm really happy for him!

As for the other fans, I've made comments with people in the past about wanting to get off with BC etc and alluded to his general sexiness, as I'm sure we all have, but when it comes down to it, one must live in reality and I've always wanted him to find someone he loves and settle down. He wants to have a family, after all, and he deserves it.

Also, just because someone has a partner, that doesn't stop you being able to fantastise about them. It's your own imagination, use it how you see fit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera