BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 6:05 pm  #41

Re: Benedict's Engagement

I think we should post it here

I like the style, that's so Benedict. Or maybe the parents wanted it like that. And I like "of London" and "of Edinburgh" after the names.

Do you think they'll be married til Hamlet?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 5, 2014 6:06 pm  #42

I do hope so! That would be my only negative vibe if this collides with my Hamlet date!
Roar.....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 5, 2014 6:11 pm  #43

I think if Sophie is in good hope ( is this a correct circumscription?) they will marry before it´s seen too much. Apart from that spring will be a more beautiful season for a marriage.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 5, 2014 6:27 pm  #44

Sophie singing in french, from the Isis project 2005

Yes, when will he have time for the wedding?! 

November 5, 2014 6:41 pm  #45

I'm very happy that he has engaged and I wish them good luck and everything that's best. But you know what? I'm even more happy that they managed to keep their relationship in private. I think it's good that at least some aspect of Ben's private life stood hidden from media, he deserves a little privacy 

And I agree with you Phantom - fans who are acting like that aren't fans at all (and probably never were)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 5, 2014 8:34 pm  #46

The relationship rumour 1st came out in April and I believed it immediately.
Benedict and Sophie were 1st pictured together in June, but I still wasn't convinced she was the one.
There were a couple more sightings a few months ago...
But the absolute confirmation was when Sophie accompanied Benedict to James Rhodes wedding.
Then there was the engagement rumour..
I actually thought it might happen next year, so they were quicker than I thought!

Last edited by besleybean (November 5, 2014 8:36 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2014 9:09 pm  #47

MartaSt wrote:

I'm very happy that he has engaged and I wish them good luck and everything that's best. But you know what? I'm even more happy that they managed to keep their relationship in private. I think it's good that at least some aspect of Ben's private life stood hidden from media, he deserves a little privacy 

And I agree with you Phantom - fans who are acting like that aren't fans at all (and probably never were)

This! And I've seen a lot of comments in a style of "omg! I feel so betrayed and I 'm gonna lock myself in my room and cry for hundred years cos I 've been in love with him and now all my dreams are crushed etc." I mean, seriously? Geez!

November 5, 2014 9:20 pm  #48

Congrats to Benedict and Sophie - very happy for them! 

- Brainy’s the new sexy - 

November 5, 2014 9:27 pm  #49

I have to admit I feel uncomfortable with these pregnancy speculations. I mentioned my friend's reaction only for fun, but I think that matter is too intimate unless they want us to know.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 9:33 pm  #50

Yeah, at the moment the engagement is official,...but I guess everything else is kind of speculation.
And anyway, in 21st century UK...nobody HAS to get married.

Last edited by besleybean (November 5, 2014 9:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2014 9:39 pm  #51

Harriet wrote:

I have to admit I feel uncomfortable with these pregnancy speculations. I mentioned my friend's reaction only for fun, but I think that matter is too intimate unless they want us to know.

Agree in 100%.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 5, 2014 9:41 pm  #52

besleybean wrote:

Yeah, at the moment the engagement is official,...but I guess everything else is kind of speculation.

Now, now. Don't disappoint me. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 5, 2014 9:45 pm  #53

Well we just don't know....
Except Benedict would like children...
But I'm assuming they'll marry 1st.

If that's what you meant(Shrugs).

November 5, 2014 9:47 pm  #54

The speculations for the name of this pairing have started... 

One, let me tell you was terrible... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 5, 2014 9:49 pm  #55

Are we allowed this bit of fun(Boss? Mods?)?

November 5, 2014 9:56 pm  #56

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 9:57 pm  #57

Well, depends how personal it gets. Some things should remain private. I think we will hear soon enough about a possible baby. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2014 9:59 pm  #58

Wonderful news!  A toast to the lovely couple. Cheers and best wishes.

November 5, 2014 9:59 pm  #59

Oh sorry, I misunderstood or badly explained!
I don't want speculation on a baby...I thought it was on Benedict's and Sophie's OTP name!

November 5, 2014 10:07 pm  #60

Ok, right.

Board footera