BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 11:33 am  #21

Re: Benedict's Engagement

36, yes.
Which is why I love Benedict even more, because he didn't choose a much younger chick - which he surely could've. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 5, 2014 11:42 am  #22

I'm 36! Just sayin...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 5, 2014 11:58 am  #23

Congrats to them!
And yes!
Those people who called them self fan, and now scream they would stop are simply not grown up enough inside.
What did they expect?!
BC staying single till he dies, only to humor his teenage fans?!

Well its as I use to say about those "problems" I've never had (thankfully)
"Perhabs I am to old for those stuff...."

Last edited by Draconia (November 5, 2014 11:59 am)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

November 5, 2014 11:59 am  #24

But if they want more than one child, they really should´n t wait too long.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 5, 2014 12:01 pm  #25

It's  wonderful news!!!!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 5, 2014 12:06 pm  #26

Neferu wrote:

But if they want more than one child, they really should´n t wait too long.

I think they would have a big nice family together.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2014 12:08 pm  #27

Their babies will be beautiful in a very unique and classy way, I'm sure!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 5, 2014 12:14 pm  #28

mrshouse wrote:

Their babies will be beautiful in a very unique and classy way, I'm sure!

Yes, but isn´t every baby beautiful in a very unique and classy way? Mine were or better to say are, although they aren´t no babies any more.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 5, 2014 12:28 pm  #29

Awww, I'm so happy for him. Finally! I like her.

EDIT: and about those so called fans, I hope they are in their teens, then this idiocy can be forgiven as a side effect of puberty. But if they are older than 18 -> *facepalm*  Beeing a fan of someone because he's single? If they have had a date with him that was promising and then he decides to marry someone else, then they would have all reason to be angry, but otherwise they simply need to get a life....very fast! I'm relieved that no one here is like that.

Can't wait for the first baby

Last edited by Ivy (November 5, 2014 12:47 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 5, 2014 1:07 pm  #30

Finally official, how cool is that? Happy for them!! 

November 5, 2014 2:11 pm  #31

What I find funny about it, today is 5.November, you know "remember, remember....." oh yes we will remember!

(By the way RDJ has a baby daughter, perfect timing.)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 5, 2014 2:22 pm  #32

Engagement everywhere. I lost ...
So here once again:

http://cumberbatchcoffeeklatch.tumblr.com/post/101841206599/congrats-on-your-engagement-benedict-and-sophie-d

Last edited by gently69 (November 5, 2014 2:23 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 5, 2014 2:28 pm  #33

Announcing his engagement through a notice in the paper is so Regency I can't even!

Silliness abounds, but you'd think fans (like those her!)  would want him to be happy if they're so attached to him. But no, for some it's all about their own delusion-life, apparently.

Mazel tov to the pair of them!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 5, 2014 2:34 pm  #34

REReader wrote:

Announcing his engagement through a notice in the paper is so Regency I can't even!

Silliness abounds, but you'd think fans (like those her!) would want him to be happy if they're so attached to him. But no, for some it's all about their own delusion-life, apparently.

Mazel tov to the pair of them!

Actually, every reaction from fans that I´ve seen today were polite and respectful wishes of hapiness for the new couple.

On the other hand, there were members of supposedly "civil" and "enlightened" public who posted the vile, vulgar and hateful comments at the news of Ben´s engagement (Guardian readers, I´m looking at you!).

But who cares about those idiots - they are just envious. Let them burst with their own vitriol.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2014 3:13 pm  #35

I'm so happy for him, it totally made my day. I hope they'll hurry up with the babies. Twins would solve the age problem.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 5, 2014 4:36 pm  #36

I knew this would happen someday... I was actually a bit 'worried' about my reaction. 

As soon as I saw I was just filled with happiness, He deserves so much happiness and I have a feeling he found it! 
Lucky, lucky woman!

Hey, I still hold the right to drool over him though.

Honestly, to me those 'fans' are not fans... in my world a fan is someone who support their idol and honestly, where is the support in that?? 

I want to wish them all the best!

And I love their way of announcing it, the right way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 5, 2014 4:45 pm  #37

Someday?

This is the irritating thing about being part of a forum.
It was so obvious to me this was about to happen, but of course we're not allowed to 'gossip'.
I knew this was the real one this time and they would move fast.
To be honest, the secrecy seemed pointless and was driving me scatty.

Last edited by besleybean (November 5, 2014 4:45 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2014 4:45 pm  #38

It's funny, the first reaction I got from a friend (an experienced teacher) today:
Probably they got so soon enganged because they *have to* get married 

Besides, I'll get over it 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 4:48 pm  #39

Aww, such good news! So happy for him and them both.

The article in Elle made it sound like an announcement may come soon so I'm not surprised.
Sophie is beautiful and so accomplished, and she sounds like the right kind of woman for him  And it seems like they've been friends for a long time, too, which is always a good thing.

It is making me grin here.
A happy Benedict is a lovely thing 

November 5, 2014 4:48 pm  #40

I hope we get to see some pictures of them together now!  Out and about, you know.  There is no need to hide now.  I am so relieved he found someone, and not some limbo either.  What a guy!

Board footera