BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2015 1:12 am  #361

Re: Benedict's Engagement

Whoa. Person in need of medical intervention in the house! Very scary.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 10, 2015 1:21 am  #362

The trouble is this person is not alone in their ravings.  There are a number of others who are out there cheering this person on and infiltrating almost every comments section of many of the online articles that feature Ben (and especially if Sophie is mentioned) with derogatory remarks about Sophie's character and their relationship.  

I actually saw one post on which they bragged that they were on a mission to spread their filthy lies and gossip as far and wide as they could to try and get mainstream attention. 

It's sickening and disturbing.  They claim that they are doing this because they are fans of Ben's acting but that seems to be a lie - borne out by the fact that they call him the worse kind of names everytime he says anything loving about his wife and they have been just as cruel in their talk about his future child (there is a whole twitter account that is filled with vulgar comments supposedly by the "cumberfetus" about his "parents" - unbelieveable!!).  Talk about psychopathic behaviour!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 10, 2015 2:19 am  #363

*speechless*

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 10, 2015 8:00 am  #364

The only comfort is that even though people reblogged this stuff it was mainly for the sake of pointing out the disturbing mental problems this woman seems to face. Still, just to think that this person will really attend Sherlocked con worries me deeply. 

On a more general note - I can see why nakahara posted the link and I understand her worries but stuff like this should remain an exception in here. Thank you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2015 8:40 am  #365

I didn't finish reading this because ... how ill has someone to be to think of such rubbish???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 10, 2015 8:45 am  #366

Well, the longish entry said already a lot I think...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 10, 2015 9:03 am  #367

SusiGo wrote:

On a more general note - I can see why nakahara posted the link and I understand her worries but stuff like this should remain an exception in here. Thank you. 

I agree. On the one hand it might be a good thing to make this crazy shit known to as many people as possible and to comment on it appropriately; on the other hand there really isn't a lot one can do about such people as long as they 'only' write their blogs. Re-posting such things only gives those people an audience.

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 10, 2015 9:05 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 10, 2015 9:05 am  #368

Yes, it is quite difficult to handle such stuff. I will discuss it with tonnaree later on. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2015 9:56 am  #369

SusiGo wrote:

Still, just to think that this person will really attend Sherlocked con worries me deeply. 

Me too. I feel that the people arranging Sherlocked, and especially Ben's security, should be notified about this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 10, 2015 10:22 am  #370

Oh good lord. That is sickening and scary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2015 10:33 am  #371

I might be overreacting, but I just sent a very politely-worded e-mail with a link to this blog to Sherlocked, to make them aware that this person might attend the convention.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 10, 2015 10:44 am  #372

Well, why not? They must decide for themselves what to make out of this, but this is such a scary blog altogether that at least they can be informed about the lengths such a " fan" would go to.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 10, 2015 11:10 am  #373

Good idea, I think.
My, don't have those people someone in their private life they can "rescue"?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 10, 2015 11:34 am  #374

Vhanja wrote:

I might be overreacting, but I just sent a very politely-worded e-mail with a link to this blog to Sherlocked, to make them aware that this person might attend the convention.

Thank you. It´s better to let them know about the matter.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2015 11:47 am  #375

For the most part I honestly think we should avoid posting links of this kind.  However, I agree with Susi that we can make an eception for this one since the main point of it was to condem this fans behavior.

In the future though I'd prefer us not waste an inch of forum space on the crazies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2015 12:09 pm  #376

Don´t worry, tonnaree, I won´t post any more posts from these haters on this forum - I certainly do not wish to advertise their crazyness to the world any further.

But this neo-Charlotte Corday and her "right to intervene" + her intention to appear on Sherlocked event scared me too much to keep it to myself.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2015 12:17 pm  #377

It sadly makes one think of Mark David Chapman.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2015 12:31 pm  #378

Vhanja wrote:

I think that was a good idea. Knowing this can be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 10, 2015 12:32 pm  #379

Yes, thank you, Vhanja. You never know to what lengths such deluded people might go. 

March 10, 2015 1:03 pm  #380

Thank you Vhanja, hopefully they will take it seriously and be on the look out. 

*bites fist* this could be really not good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera