BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2015 11:34 pm  #1581

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

I love it! :D I can see them as Holmes and Watson now. I was sceptical before but now with the faces and voices together, it totaly works!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

July 9, 2015 11:35 pm  #1582

It works so well! And I am happy they take this "hipster" approach, makes me look so much forward to the rest of it and where they are going with it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 9, 2015 11:58 pm  #1583

It works brilliantly!  Love the atmosphere, the costumes, the glorious music, even the lighting! 

And of course our boys!!  Along with Mrs. Hudson!! 

Ben is so right for this.  His voice is sublime - I think it sounds just a tad higher (in that scene at least - but I have only watched it once, so my opinion could be modified with repeated viewings).  Iam almost giddy. 

I also love the humour in it - me thinks the "hat box" doesn't contain anything a millinery shop would sell! I love when Sherlock says "Think we'll call it a draw."

I can hardly wait. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

July 10, 2015 12:09 am  #1584

I have a feeling... since the tone of the episode seems to be tongue-in-cheek, I have a feeling they will make some kind of joke to the Johnlockers. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 10, 2015 12:26 am  #1585

I missed it. How the HELL could I miss it?
Well, I've watched it, now, obviously. And I can hardly wait. Another 6 months, God it'll be long....

And Mrs. Hudson...well, Sabine, I reckon you will have to change your sig to her new catchphrase

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 10, 2015 12:45 am  #1586

Guys, here are the "sorry for not being there"-video from Anthony, Mark and Ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbRQFZGp8M&feature=youtu.be

Quite cool! Especially Anthony at the end there.

Also - I thought Ben was tall, but Mark seems even taller?

Team Hudders!

July 10, 2015 1:12 am  #1587

Erm, what's the colour of the wall again...?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 10, 2015 1:17 am  #1588

And the clue for the special is “Ghosts, detailed, and twisty.”
Moffat challenges us to "deconstruct the whole thing" with that indication. Shall we accept the challenge?

Last edited by Lilythiell (July 10, 2015 1:40 am)

July 10, 2015 1:58 am  #1589

I'll start. "Ghost" makes me think of "Spectre", which makes me think of Andrew.
And well. We've all seen the apology-for-not-being-there video, haven't we? He did say "Miss me?" at the end

July 10, 2015 2:12 am  #1590

Vhanja wrote:

According to Google, Mark is 1.85m, while Ben is 1.83m. Maybe Mark's shoes have a thicker sole

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2015 6:53 am  #1591

Lazarus wrote:

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 10, 2015 6:57 am  #1592

I really love the teaser. I did not expect this much self-irony. And someone already found a scene in TPLoSH which looks exactly like the one where they get from the carriage. So this probably has not just allusions to Canon and Granada Holmes but also to Billy Wilder's film. Not unexpected if you know Mark's passion for that one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2015 7:04 am  #1593

SolarSystem wrote:

I think this is something I could live with quite well...

Yes. me too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 10, 2015 7:09 am  #1594

SusiGo wrote:

I really love the teaser. I did not expect this much self-irony. And someone already found a scene in TPLoSH which looks exactly like the one where they get from the carriage. So this probably has not just allusions to Canon and Granada Holmes but also to Billy Wilder's film. Not unexpected if you know Mark's passion for that one. 

I also love the teaser... and found the scene you mentioned on youtube.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 10, 2015 7:22 am  #1595

Vhanja wrote:

Guys, here are the "sorry for not being there"-video from Anthony, Mark and Ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbRQFZGp8M&feature=youtu.be

Quite cool! Especially Anthony at the end there.

Which Anthony do you mean?

(Tony Hadley)

July 10, 2015 7:26 am  #1596

Loved the teaser - looks like it's going to be a case of "spot the reference"!  Mrs Hudson looks great!

I'm sure Benedict is filmed to look tall in Sherlock.    He seems to tower over everyone on screen, but not in real life. 

July 10, 2015 7:30 am  #1597

gently69 wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I also love the teaser... and found the scene you mentioned on youtube.

Some parallels between the two scenes are pointed out here:

http://cuoreridente.tumblr.com/post/123686096482/tplosh-and-the-shspesh-trailer

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 10, 2015 7:33 am  #1598

July 10, 2015 7:36 am  #1599

lil wrote:

Like a parody of a parody...very lol.Not sure what to make of it but I know who to blame it on :-)

I totally agree with you. It really has a very ironic and cheeky feel to it. Which I love very much. I actually think I'd love the whole Special to be like this. Bit of Sherlock-comedy with lots of self-mockery and jokes.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 10, 2015 7:45 am  #1600

I fully agree.

And here is the whole panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtWPTMZRgzY&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera