BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2015 10:25 pm  #1301

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

OK so, Sherlock was inside the carriage. John either gets out of the carriage and does this next part, or he hasn't got in the carriage yet (I couldn't quite work it out). Anyway, he approaches an on street newspaper seller to buy a copy of the Strand Magazine. Dialogue goes like this:

John: "How is the Blue Carbuncle going?"
Seller: "Very popular, Dr Watson. Can we have a proper murder next time?"
John: "I'll have a word with the criminal classes."
Seller: "I'd be obliged. Is he in there? Is that him?"
John: "No, no. Not at all. Good day."

Then John touches his hat, turns and walks over to the carriage.
The seller yells to the carriage - "Merry Christmas, Mr Holmes!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 8, 2015 10:31 pm  #1302

Ooooh! So it is a Christmas special after all? And clearly not the Blue Carbuncle...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 8, 2015 10:41 pm  #1303

There was a pic from around that scene with Martin having to stand on a box. People were speculating if it was to make him taller for some reason, which would be quite adorable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 8, 2015 10:46 pm  #1304

They said it was to imitate the hight he (john) would be in in the cab. Apparently he's talking to the paper guy from the cab. So they filmed the paper guy in a different take than MF sitting in the cab. They then put Martin on a box for this take so that the actor playing paper guy could have the right angle for eye contact.

Oh it sounds so messy, do you get what I mean?

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 8, 2015 10:46 pm  #1305

Now that's an interesting bit of dialogue... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 8, 2015 10:47 pm  #1306

I'm assuming that Sherlock and John will call each other by their surnames in the Victorian part? It would make sense.

Last edited by kittykat (February 8, 2015 10:48 pm)

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 8, 2015 10:48 pm  #1307

Martin and his box

Last edited by Lazarus (February 8, 2015 10:49 pm)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 8, 2015 10:49 pm  #1308

Lazarus wrote:

They said it was to imitate the hight he (john) would be in in the cab. Apparently he's talking to the paper guy from the cab. So they filmed the paper guy in a different take than MF sitting in the cab. They then put Martin on a box for this take so that the actor playing paper guy could have the right angle for eye contact.

Oh it sounds so messy, do you get what I mean?

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

And yes, interesting dialgoue. Sounds like a scene towards the ending of the episode to me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 9, 2015 11:55 am  #1309

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 9, 2015 12:02 pm  #1310

They are lovely. 

I can't believe we have to wait almost a year, though. I mean, they are shooting it now in Feb, I assume they will be finished with the shooting in a couple more weeks at most? Then there is of course editing, music and the rest of post-production, but that won't take six months. So what's the hold up?

I know it's up to BBC when they want ot air it, it's not up to the Sherlock crew. Only good thing is that the longer we have to wait to watch the special, the shorter the wait from the special to S4 (especially if it ends with a cliffhanger).

Last edited by Vhanja (February 9, 2015 12:03 pm)

Team Hudders!

February 9, 2015 12:04 pm  #1311

The hold-up is that they probably want to air it at Christmas. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 9, 2015 1:16 pm  #1312

If they decided to air it on Christmas Day then I would quite happily cancel any and all family-related plans I may have made by then. Just saying

February 9, 2015 3:13 pm  #1313

Reports are coming in from Setlock of Martin in a Victorian Army Uniform!!!

I NEED PICTURES OF SOLDIER JOHN!    *swoon*

I need some!  Get me some!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 9, 2015 3:16 pm  #1314

Soldier John? Martin in uniform?

OH GOD YES 0_0

February 9, 2015 3:28 pm  #1315

kittykat wrote:

If they decided to air it on Christmas Day then I would quite happily cancel any and all family-related plans I may have made by then. Just saying

The only good thing about celebrating christmas on December 24th 

But wouldn't that clash with DW christmas special? They usualy air on christmas day don't they?

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 9, 2015 3:33 pm  #1316

No soldie John yet but Sherlock in a tophat isn´t bad either:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 9, 2015 3:40 pm  #1317

I love him in that top hat! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 9, 2015 3:51 pm  #1318

Looking very dashing ^^

February 9, 2015 4:04 pm  #1319

I saw one picture of "soldier John" on tumblr but it was fuzzy and from a distance!  *pout*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 9, 2015 4:08 pm  #1320

Now this is a really interesting theory about how they might deal with lose ends from S3 in the special (might also cover the modern day cemetery scene with Martin and Amanda). Speculation for sure, but I never knew they had five and half hours footage of HLV alone. 

http://sherlockbuddy.tumblr.com/post/110545112409/how-do-we-know-they-have-four-hours-of-footage

No. 69
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/sherlock/241667/111-things-you-might-not-know-about-sherlock-season-3

Last edited by SusiGo (February 9, 2015 4:08 pm)

Board footera