BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2014 7:31 pm  #81

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

This is how MyDson romance initialy developed:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 19, 2014 7:43 pm  #82

Awwwww! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 19, 2014 8:11 pm  #83

That's perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 19, 2014 8:43 pm  #84

Wow, did you draw that?

November 19, 2014 9:40 pm  #85

No, of course not! 
I wish I could. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 20, 2014 7:41 pm  #86

Mark Gatiss: The Sherlock special will "completely" solve the mystery of Moriarty’s return. But will it be the last we see of the arch-villain? “Well, it’s very hard to put a lid on Andrew Scott…” teases the series co-creator

full "Radio Times" article here -> http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-19/mark-gatiss-the-sherlock-special-will-completely-solve-the-mystery-of-moriartys-return

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 20, 2014 7:45 pm  #87

I love Andrew, so am always happy to see him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 20, 2014 7:48 pm  #88

Verrrrry in-ter-es-ting....

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 20, 2014 8:13 pm  #89

Ivy wrote:

Mark Gatiss: The Sherlock special will "completely" solve the mystery of Moriarty’s return. But will it be the last we see of the arch-villain? “Well, it’s very hard to put a lid on Andrew Scott…” teases the series co-creator

full "Radio Times" article here -> http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-19/mark-gatiss-the-sherlock-special-will-completely-solve-the-mystery-of-moriartys-return

Sure Mark.  Tell us anything. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 20, 2014 8:34 pm  #90

It's still so vague - flashbacks are still possible!

November 20, 2014 8:46 pm  #91

I'd be happy with those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2014 5:35 am  #92

I can't wait for highly ambiguous details to leak through when they are filming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 21, 2014 8:00 am  #93

The funny thing is that Radio Times seems to be thinking that Moriarty's return is the cliffhanger while a look at this board shows that the real cliffhanger and even the source of disharmony in the fandom (to put it mildly) is not him but Mary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2014 8:10 am  #94

They also have an article which concerns itself more with Mary and her eventual fate:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-20/mark-gatiss-on-sherlock-series-4-you-can-expect-tragedy-as-well-as-adventure

But aside from pointless teasing of the fans, the authors are not giving up any new information about the content of the special, I´m afraid.

November 21, 2014 8:59 am  #95

Moriarty as a cliffhanger doesn't work too well for me.  We saw him die, and although it would be quite possible for the writers to make that a fake death, it would spoil the story (for me).  Instead of being terribly clever in TRF Sherlock would have been completely fooled, or even collaborating with Moriarty.   And there are just too many fake deaths (and almost-deaths too!).   It would feel like a surprise for the sake of it, and I'd be disappointed.  (Unless it's really, really well done). 

Mary as a cliffhanger works much better for me, providing it ties in with everything we see in HLV.  I do think she could be a very interesting villain. 

November 21, 2014 1:11 pm  #96

It's probably a more minor point but I'm also interested how Sherlock and Mycroft relate to each other now, given that Mycroft just sent Sherlock to his death. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if Moftiss completely forgot about that though. They're plot people. 

November 21, 2014 1:31 pm  #97

Liberty wrote:

Moriarty as a cliffhanger doesn't work too well for me.  We saw him die, and although it would be quite possible for the writers to make that a fake death, it would spoil the story (for me).  Instead of being terribly clever in TRF Sherlock would have been completely fooled, or even collaborating with Moriarty.   And there are just too many fake deaths (and almost-deaths too!).   It would feel like a surprise for the sake of it, and I'd be disappointed.  (Unless it's really, really well done). 

Mary as a cliffhanger works much better for me, providing it ties in with everything we see in HLV.  I do think she could be a very interesting villain. 

I agree.  If Moriarty is really still alive I will be deeply dissapointed.   Hoping for a sham of some kind played by one of his minions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 21, 2014 1:43 pm  #98

I still expect for the big Moriarty reveal to be that the guy played by Andrew Scott was really just a puppet for the real Moriarty who is still working behind the scenes. The Andrew Scott Moriarty is truly dead and the real criminal mastermind, possibly his sister Janine, is about to step out of the shadows...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 21, 2014 3:08 pm  #99

I would love for Janine to be the next great villain! How clever would you have to be to share Sherlock's bed (though apparently very little happened there) without him realizing what/who you are? Sounds like a criminal mastermind to me. Though I hope that if she comes back as a villain, it is for more than just the special. But then the special might just be setting up the stage...

I have written this elsewhere, but I think it would still be a nice nod to the cannon if Mary would be written out (in which from whatsoever) during this special (in-between seasons as opposed to in-between stories). Amanda said in an interview that she knows how Mary is going to leave, so it is likely in the near future (though season 5 is apparently already plotted, I tend to think it is going to be earlier than that, but I could be wrong of course). Maybe Moriarty (or whoever is behind that gif) is responsible for her, ehm, removal?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

November 21, 2014 3:34 pm  #100

Lola Red wrote:

I would love for Janine to be the next great villain! How clever would you have to be to share Sherlock's bed (though apparently very little happened there) without him realizing what/who you are? Sounds like a criminal mastermind to me.  

The problem I'm having with this theory is Mary. It might be a bit much to have both of the gals turn out to be the opposite of what they initially appear to be.

Mary really fooled Sherlock. I still find it chilling how he bought into her lies. We've seen Sherlock get caught off guard before, but nothing like in Magnussen's office where he can't even string two words together and starts stuttering!

Much as I love the idea of Janine being the other Moriarity, it would be treading into ridiculous territory for Sherlock to be blindsided like that again. Unless the two gals are working in concert and Mary is just a decoy to turn his attention away from what is really happening...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

Board footera