BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2015 4:40 pm  #881

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

If it's old and churchy as it looks could be life, death@ resurrection theme related.

@The era footage could fit with the Henry Fishguard case..
(the hanging / hung / hanged ? dummy).

January 20, 2015 5:16 pm  #882

An old case reopened?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2015 5:36 pm  #883

In TRF SH refers to the hanging dummy...John says did you talk him to death...Sherlock says something like..Henry Fishguard didn't commit suicide tbe bow street runners got it all wrong...putting the case in the pre 1840ish era.....
Maybe Henry and Moriarty did something similar to fake it...idk but amusingly SH did talk Moriarty to death....sorta.
But explaining Henry's case from the past also explain Moriarty's....

January 20, 2015 5:44 pm  #884

Indeed...except I just thought Sherlock was being funny calling the modern police the Bow Street runners,,,but yes, that would give us the right era!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2015 1:13 pm  #885

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2015 2:59 pm  #886

YAY!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 21, 2015 3:20 pm  #887

Yay! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 21, 2015 6:00 pm  #888

Ooh YAY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 21, 2015 7:13 pm  #889

Why is he in a glass ball?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 21, 2015 7:16 pm  #890

maybe a more victorian approach? That's what it looked like to me...

As a little girl I wanted one of those... (yes I was a weird kid)... I loved reading and studying ancient anatomy stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 22, 2015 7:34 am  #891

That's not the real Billy though is it? This scull is cut around the top and Billy isn't...
Made to look like him? But it's quite an obvious cut I think  And why is it in a glass ball indeed? Maybe not to scare Mrs Hudson? 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

January 22, 2015 7:53 am  #892

I think it may belong to the Victorian part of the episode. A skull placed in a 1890s 221B for example. Some pointed out the similarity between this picture and baroque vanitas paintings:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/108742422681/miadifferent-constancecream-x-x-yeah

Moreover, Amanda tweeted something about wearing a corset. So we will probably get a Victorian Mary as well. I wonder if the shots of John and Mary in modern dress on the cemetery could be a frame for a massive period flashback. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 22, 2015 8:00 am  #893

Well, that answers the question if she´ll be pregnant in the Victorian part.. ^^

January 22, 2015 8:09 am  #894

Well, someone on tumblr wrote expertly about maternity corsets but the majority of middle and upper class women did not wear corsets in the later stages of pregnancy and just stayed at home so they were not seen in public without a corset. 

January 22, 2015 8:19 am  #895

Yeah, "the state of their health" just didn´t allow them to go out much.. and I somehow doubt the production would invest in special maternity corsets. But who knows, who knows.. just anything could happen.. 

January 22, 2015 8:28 am  #896

Very exciting. 

And another thing about the "Life" photo from the cemetery - at least Arwel's answer "Thankfully" seems to be a personal comment on his surviving the accident without severe injuries. 

January 22, 2015 10:01 am  #897

Hmmmm, all really weird. But tbh, the pics from Martin and Amanda reminded me very much of things I definitely don't want to see, which is a married couple on the chase.  ugh.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 22, 2015 10:21 am  #898

mrshouse wrote:

Hmmmm, all really weird. But tbh, the pics from Martin and Amanda reminded me very much of things I definitely don't want to see, which is a married couple on the chase. ugh.

Oh me too. I had that same feeling. Like god no, don't make mr and mrs psychopath into a thing! 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

January 22, 2015 10:25 am  #899

Well, not unless they change the name of the show into "CSI Watson"....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 22, 2015 11:14 am  #900

...and whoever would want to tune into something like that... *ugh*

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera