BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2015 6:46 am  #701

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Yep, they always work hard and concentrate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2015 3:10 pm  #702

A little joke from confused fans.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2015 3:11 pm  #703

And a little information from Amanda:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2015 3:12 pm  #704

She also confirmed Martin's beard is fake. (Made of human hair, but not his own beard).

There are also pictures of the set, it seems. But they might be taken illegally by someone breaking in to the set, so I don't want to share them here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 3:32 pm  #705

Yes, I saw them on tumblr. We should not post them in here, thank you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2015 4:57 pm  #706

http://teacroft.tumblr.com/post/107511443166/constancecream-has-the-victorian-special-found

So they will be filming in Bath next month. Such a beautiful city. But where will they be until then? And it seems that this will be a period piece indeed. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2015 5:09 pm  #707

Oh that looks like a lovely scenery! Great choice! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2015 5:28 pm  #708

So looks like,they're heading to the Baker street set?
Yes, Bath is a beautiful city.

Last edited by besleybean (January 8, 2015 5:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2015 9:55 pm  #709

I reckon that could definitely pass for Victorian Baker Street. I'm going to try and get down to Bath on 2nd Feb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 8, 2015 9:58 pm  #710

Oh, I envy you. Bath is amazing. And remember to tell us all about it. 

January 8, 2015 10:03 pm  #711

In terms of what you guys were saying on the previous page and that post on Tumblr about the cast looking unhappy and setlock being a bad thing etc...this is what I have to say:

First of all, there's only been three days of filming so far. The first two days in Bristol and today was in Cardiff in the studio. So, we only really got to see them "on set", yesterday and the day previously.

There was a picture posted of them today around their trailers and neither of them had umbrellas. The weather has been bad recently and it could well have been drizzling slightly when those other pictures were taken.

Martin has waved at fans on the set. There was also a picture of him grinning in a car at them as he was driven away. Amanda has been up and spoke to the fans and signed for them and had photographs taken.

At setlock in Bristol there were around 20-30 people. That's hardly anything at all compared to setlock on North Gower Street, which is where all those smiley jokey photos come from. I was there that day. Benedict and Martin were playing up to the crowd like they would at a theatre show. They're not going to do that for a small gathering. It's just not the same buzz. They're just going to go around and do their jobs and mostly ignore the people, because there's so few that they're barely noticable, especially if they're being well behaved.

And speaking of well behaved, the majority of setlockers are polite and respectful towards the cast and crew. If they were asked to move back, or even to leave the area entirely, THEY WOULD DO IT.

In short, what I'm trying to say is, I don't think they have that much of a problem with setlockers. The crowds only get crazy when they go to North Gower Street, and I honestly think that's what they're talking about when they mention the "enormity" of it.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (January 8, 2015 10:04 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 8, 2015 10:11 pm  #712

Thank you for clarifying. People are so starved for news that some things get overinterpreted. 

January 9, 2015 6:38 am  #713

Thanks, Boss.
I have  already shared my Setlock experience(on N.Gower St) with the forum and I can only concur.

January 9, 2015 10:34 am  #714

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2015 10:38 am  #715

So, you had the right instinct not to post them here, Vhanja.
But as far as I know they have already been taken down again by the online newspapers? Or was that this Bath local paper?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 9, 2015 10:42 am  #716

I don't know.

Heh, one fan looked at the EXIF-file of the pictures and replied to the tweet with what type of phone and what time of the day the images was taken. And was praised to be like a Sherlock Holmes by Ben Mangham. ;)

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2015 10:42 am  #717

There are always idiots.

And thank you for the explanations, Boss.
I see the whole Setlock thing easy. And hey, the actors have to work there and be concentrated ... so what?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2015 12:26 pm  #718

I really don't think it was a fan that broke into the set and took those photographs, simply because of the fact that they were taken at 7am in the morning. It was obviously by someone who worked there and had access.

January 9, 2015 12:38 pm  #719

I feel a tad bit guilty for seeing the photos.    Saw them on tumblr before I realized what they were.  Then it was too late to look away because I was fascinated! 

I hope they can figure out who did it.  As rabid as I am for information I don't want people spoiling everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2015 12:52 pm  #720

tonnaree wrote:

As rabid as I am for information I don't want people spoiling everything.

*snigger* That reminds me of Martin calling Sherlock fans "more rabid" than Hobbit fans. 

Have no idea what he is talking about. 

Team Hudders!

Board footera