BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2015 7:19 pm  #681

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

What is Ben wearing around his neck? is it a tie, is it a bowtie? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 7:21 pm  #682

I'm not sure the technical term for men's dress, but it's certainly very Gothic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 7:22 pm  #683

I think it´s a bowtie.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 7:44 pm  #684

Schmiezi wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

This is my first Setlock, and it's turning about to be a frustrating experience. 

I feel exactly the same.

You will get used to it. Relax, lean back and be happy about every little piece of non-information that leaks from the set. Half of it will be misinterpreted, some of it will be fake.

It is great fun if you accept that.

I might stay away from this thead. I won't be upset then.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

January 7, 2015 8:04 pm  #685

And Mike Stamford is back, the Cupid! Great news. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2015 8:07 pm  #686

Oh! That's lovely! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 8:07 pm  #687

Fantastic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 8:19 pm  #688

YAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 7, 2015 8:31 pm  #689

I just found this on tumblr and it gave me some food for thought. What do you think?

http://his-archenemy.tumblr.com/post/107413588595/setlock-caution-maybe-an-unpopular-opinion-im

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2015 8:38 pm  #690

It is a point. But I'm also thinking - if they didn't want people there, wouldn't they ask them politely to leave? Or just close off the area?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 8:41 pm  #691

I second that. Certainly it is possible to close the site for the public if they don´t want any interference?

Also, we are not really sure why people of the cast look strained. Mark´s tweet seems to indicate it could be more than just curious fans.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 8:42 pm  #692

They'd have to arrange with the council and the police to close off the area.

January 7, 2015 8:45 pm  #693

besleybean wrote:

They'd have to arrange with the council and the police to close off the area.

I do not know how it goes in the UK - do you think it would be the problem to ask for police or council´s assistance?

Since they have known for some time they would be filming there?

January 7, 2015 8:51 pm  #694

But even if they didn't contact the police, they could politely ask the crowd if they could move back?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 8:52 pm  #695

It is possible, but they usually try and keep disruption to a minimum...if there was  a larger number of fans( like there could be in London)...obstruction or danger may be issues,

Last edited by besleybean (January 7, 2015 8:53 pm)

January 7, 2015 8:59 pm  #696

Hmm that is a point for sure. But I suppose they can never be completely rid of the fans... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 9:03 pm  #697

But they all seemed to be in the funk yesterday too... and it was merely first day of filming.

Do you really think it´s just fans interfering that bothers them?

January 7, 2015 9:06 pm  #698

Or maybe they are annoyed that they have been told to hide from the fans? Who knows 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 9:12 pm  #699

It won't do much good to speculate. It could be anything - or nothing.

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2015 5:28 am  #700

Maybe they were just working hard and were concentrated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera