BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2015 8:25 pm  #441

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

So going undercover with their different looks? Or is it all a dream? Alternate universe? Backstory or from the future? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 4, 2015 8:28 pm  #442

Doctor Who crossover.

January 4, 2015 8:31 pm  #443

As I mentioned in the Benedict picture thread... seeing Ben with a hint of a mustache gave me an idea...

In the story 'An Inscrutable Masquerade' Sherlock poses as Watson...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 4, 2015 8:42 pm  #444

Johnny Vegas is ENGLISH!
No, Irish is my fave accent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2015 8:44 pm  #445

Will be very interesting! But in the promo shot he is not undercover as Watson. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 4, 2015 9:46 pm  #446

I love this fandom! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2015 9:50 pm  #447

Oh brother...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2015 10:34 pm  #448

This explains everything. And nothing. As always. Who am I? Where am I? Who are you people...?

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 4, 2015 10:35 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 4, 2015 10:36 pm  #449

It's all clear now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 5, 2015 11:29 am  #450

Scotland seems more and more probable as a setting of a special:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 5, 2015 11:42 am  #451

Jesus...maybe I should just drive to Edinburgh tomorrow!

January 5, 2015 11:46 am  #452

But Mark keeps mentioning "west"??
Doesn't exactly fit with Scotland, does it???

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 5, 2015 11:50 am  #453

Maybe he only means Cardiff?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 5, 2015 11:51 am  #454

Yes and the first promo picture pointing at Scotland was a Highland cow, wasn´t it?

Edinburgh is not in Highland, I presume. But it´s so well known as a symbol of Scotland that it could just point at Scotland generally, while filming would take place at some Highland location (maybe?).

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 5, 2015 12:04 pm  #455

Glasgow gets used for film locations all the time,..but Edinburgh a lot, too!

January 5, 2015 12:41 pm  #456

Cardiff is only a three-hours train ride from London, it's more convenient to shoot in and around it than shipping the whole crew and gadgets North. And the studio which houses 221B is in Cardiff as well, of course.
My guess is that as usual they'll film most of the episode in Cardiff and Wales (which is predestined to double for Scotland) and then maybe film a few key scenes on location in Scotland to make it look real.

I'd really, really love to see a Highland cow at one point.

Ah yes- and Bristol, of course.
https://twitter.com/garyollis/status/552058131866714112

Last edited by Kerkerian (January 5, 2015 12:45 pm)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 5, 2015 12:48 pm  #457

Yeah, just saw the Bristol pic!

January 5, 2015 12:50 pm  #458

besleybean wrote:

Yeah, just saw the Bristol pic!

This is so exciting! We were in Bristol at the nightshoot when they filmed the bonfire scene, it was the day #setlock was born. Still getting goosebumps!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 5, 2015 12:52 pm  #459

Setlock was around for S2!

January 5, 2015 12:53 pm  #460

I meant the hashtag. There was a girl who said she set it up that day. Or maybe she just said so?

Board footera