BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2014 9:10 pm  #241

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Nice to see John fussing at the bed side of shot John, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2014 10:37 pm  #242

besleybean wrote:

The way I know Moftiss the scene with shot John recovering would go like this:

John would have a brutal nightmares mingling some Afghanistan atrocities with his shooting

John´s enemies will come to taunt him

Wiggins will mess with his morphine drip out of revenge for the sprained arm

Sherlock would be suspiciously missing

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 29, 2014 10:39 pm  #243

Brilliant, nakahara! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2014 10:41 pm  #244

Chortle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2014 10:54 pm  #245

If Sherlock and John had turned Victorian again, somebody turned also other characters into that era:

Funny!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 30, 2014 8:41 am  #246

nakahara wrote:

besleybean wrote:

The way I know Moftiss the scene with shot John recovering would go like this:

John would have a brutal nightmares mingling some Afghanistan atrocities with his shooting

John´s enemies will come to taunt him

Wiggins will mess with his morphine drip out of revenge for the sprained arm

Sherlock would be suspiciously missing

And Sherlock would deduce that the shooter was actually John´s friend from uni-days who just had no other choice than to shoot him because John stepped in when he tried to deal with A.G.R.A., but actually saved John´s life by not really shooting him and will be the fourth member of their growing crime-solving squad after everyone reconciled over a nice christmas dinner. 

Last edited by Zatoichi (November 30, 2014 8:48 am)

November 30, 2014 8:52 am  #247

(Cough)...Trying to be positive about this and also engaging in our never ending speculation(the life of the Sherlockian on hiatus)..
I suppose I don't really mind what they do with the special, if it is just a one off.
I'd always thought of it in terms of a longer Seasons Greetings...
But I suppose it could be Wholock or anything...
I just don't ever want a crossover with the REAl  Sherlock, series by series,.

November 30, 2014 9:03 am  #248

Or a musical-ep.. I bet Benedict has a nice singing-voice .

November 30, 2014 9:14 am  #249

Indeed.

November 30, 2014 8:37 pm  #250

More and more mysterious:

https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/538798076216225794?s=09

This time I have no idea.... 

November 30, 2014 9:03 pm  #251

Platform?
For  a train station...
Or maybe for a speaker or actor?

November 30, 2014 10:10 pm  #252

November 30, 2014 10:12 pm  #253

Sounds intriguing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2014 10:12 pm  #254

Zatoichi wrote:

Or a musical-ep.. I bet Benedict has a nice singing-voice .

He does! He sings in August: Osage County. The tune is part of the official sound track. I bought it on iTunes. Very short, but catchy.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 30, 2014 10:13 pm  #255

besleybean wrote:

Platform?
For  a train station...

I'm betting it's the platform on which the 221B set is constructed!

Mary

November 30, 2014 10:14 pm  #256

Ooh, clever! Ha.

November 30, 2014 10:17 pm  #257

maryagrawatson wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Platform?
For  a train station...

I'm betting it's the platform on which the 221B set is constructed!

Mary

I think you probably nailed it.
And I was convoluting the various ways in which a platform can fit into the canon (facepalm). 

November 30, 2014 11:46 pm  #258

nakahara wrote:

And I was convoluting the various ways in which a platform can fit into the canon (facepalm). 

There's a picture of the 221B set platform all the way at the end of the page I linked to. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing pieces that match the photo in the tweet.

I was surprised to learn that they demolish the set and rebuild it each time. I mean, really demolish it. I saw pictures of it being put together for series three and they were tiling the kitchen and wallpapering the walls, so they obviously don't dismantle it carefully and put it back together like a big jigsaw puzzle.

Mary

December 1, 2014 7:51 am  #259

maryagrawatson wrote:

nakahara wrote:

There's a picture of the 221B set platform all the way at the end of the page I linked to. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing pieces that match the photo in the tweet.

I was surprised to learn that they demolish the set and rebuild it each time. I mean, really demolish it. I saw pictures of it being put together for series three and they were tiling the kitchen and wallpapering the walls, so they obviously don't dismantle it carefully and put it back together like a big jigsaw puzzle.

Mary

Yes, the platform is nicely visible.
I noticed that the Baker Street 221/B is slightly different in each season, but I didn´t know that they demolish it completely. Interesting.

December 1, 2014 8:23 am  #260

I think they have to for storage space.
On a possibly related matter, I gather the whole studio recently moved.

Last edited by besleybean (December 1, 2014 8:23 am)

Board footera