BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2015 7:23 pm  #2201

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Well I managed, so hope you do, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2015 8:14 pm  #2202

Yay!
Hope you do, too, Phantom!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 3, 2015 5:25 am  #2203

German cinemas don't have any information on the special so far.

Congrats to those who got tickets already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 3, 2015 9:41 am  #2204

Germany is so lame. Not that I want to watch it in cinema, I prefer my sofa and I'll definitely watch the BBC. But I'd like my friends, who usually watch the dubbed version, to see it shortly after or even on the same day, so we could talk about it and don't have a 6 month delay. Although that German magazine said it would be in January, I hope it is nearer the beginning than the end of January.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 3, 2015 9:44 am  #2205

No news in Sweden. I sent our largest movie distrubutor an email last week and still no reply =/ Maybe I'll try to contact one cinema that I know shows a bit more indie and small films. They also showed Hamlet this autumn so maybe they would be intressted

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 3, 2015 11:21 am  #2206

Apparently Danish fans have contacted the cinemas and have been told they would be more than happy to show it if only they get the rights to do so. 

So here's to hoping! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2015 12:20 pm  #2207

oh okay, I didn't think about rights. I guess that's the German problem then. This and that there isn't a TV date yet. Maybe if that is announced the cinemas will show it, too.

----------

November 3, 2015 2:33 pm  #2208

Any news on the American front?  All I can find is that the locations will be posted the same day tickets go on sale (Nov 6).  I'd like to know where it's playing ahead of time so I can plan accordingly, but it doesn't look like this is a possibility.

November 3, 2015 3:58 pm  #2209

Grrrr.  Come on, Odeon, get your act together!!  I've been refreshing the Odeon's site since 9 a.m. on Monday - they have STAB in their listings but are taking forever to add new venues.  On Monday morning they were showing it only in Swansea - a bit of a trek from London! - and even now they're up to about 16 locations but still haven't yet added Greenwich.  *wibbles*

November 3, 2015 4:05 pm  #2210

For all the Germans here: We are in the same boat ! Not knowing is actually worse cause we are keeping faith , and maybe we Will be dissapointed 😓

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

November 3, 2015 4:07 pm  #2211

I sent an e-mail to our local cinema (the one in the fourth biggest city in the country) and asked if they would show the Special. I sent it the day the airing date was announced, but haven't heard anything yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 3, 2015 4:11 pm  #2212

China seems to be the exception. I wonder who is responsible for all those non-English speaking countries not getting any information so far. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 3, 2015 5:06 pm  #2213

I think it's funny Dundee got it before Greenwich!
But seriously, hope you all get tickets!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2015 10:33 pm  #2214

Magingus wrote:

Any news on the American front?  All I can find is that the locations will be posted the same day tickets go on sale (Nov 6).  I'd like to know where it's playing ahead of time so I can plan accordingly, but it doesn't look like this is a possibility.

Geez...  I know!!!  You're talking about the Fathom Events website, right?  Since that's the one I heard was 'handling' it.  And ok, awesome, I'm happy we're getting it (neat parallel, it probably didn't hurt that the networks worked together and the Doctor Who theater thing was such a hit, to pave the way for this, perhaps), and so maybe good chances there will still be a good number of cities, but still.  Was also thinking it would be nice to know if I need to make sure to check the site early that day for a nearby city that also showed DW, or to not worry or bother, since no one here 'got with the program' so to speak. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 4, 2015 1:14 pm  #2215

Yay - Greenwich Odeon finally appeared and I've bought my ticket.  Now I just hope I can work out how to get there and - more importantly - get home afterwards with public transport doing a Sunday service and a bus replacement service running on part of my train line!  I may end up with a long walk home.  Lord knows what time I'll be able to start the transcript ... ;-)

November 4, 2015 1:31 pm  #2216

Ariane DeVere wrote:

Yay - Greenwich Odeon finally appeared and I've bought my ticket.  Now I just hope I can work out how to get there and - more importantly - get home afterwards with public transport doing a Sunday service and a bus replacement service running on part of my train line!  I may end up with a long walk home.  Lord knows what time I'll be able to start the transcript ... ;-)

I´m already looking forward to your transcript. I´m not sure when I will be able to see the Special (probably month after it will be aired) - and your wonderful transcript would be at least a partial replacement for the movie itself for me. Thank you very much in advance.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2015 2:12 pm  #2217

*gulps nervously*  Well, it all depends on how I feel about it after I've seen the episode!  I have to say that I am not excited about the episode at all, and it's one of the reasons why I'll try and see it at the cinema first, because watching it on a huge screen with excited fans around me might make me more enthusiastic than watching alone on a 21" TV screen.

But I'm afraid that I do reserve the right to come home afterwards, go straight online and say to the Sherlockian world, "Sorry, everybody, but I thought it was bloody awful and I'm not touching it with a bargepole."

And then go into hiding for the rest of 2016. ;-)

November 5, 2015 2:20 pm  #2218

Ariane DeVere wrote:

*gulps nervously*  Well, it all depends on how I feel about it after I've seen the episode!  I have to say that I am not excited about the episode at all, and it's one of the reasons why I'll try and see it at the cinema first, because watching it on a huge screen with excited fans around me might make me more enthusiastic than watching alone on a 21" TV screen.

But I'm afraid that I do reserve the right to come home afterwards, go straight online and say to the Sherlockian world, "Sorry, everybody, but I thought it was bloody awful and I'm not touching it with a bargepole."

And then go into hiding for the rest of 2016. ;-)

Watching it in cinema to get excited is a good plan, maybe that works for me too. I even can't be bothered to watch it live on filmon or so, I'll probably watch it a day or two later.

Don't worry you don't owe anyone a transcipt for it, you've already done so much regarding of transcripts.

----------

November 5, 2015 2:27 pm  #2219

You must not hide.
Of course, if you won´t enjoy the episode, it´s no use to makes transcript of it. That goes without saying.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2015 3:31 pm  #2220

Russell wrote:

Magingus wrote:

Geez... I know!!! You're talking about the Fathom Events website, right? Since that's the one I heard was 'handling' it. And ok, awesome, I'm happy we're getting it (neat parallel, it probably didn't hurt that the networks worked together and the Doctor Who theater thing was such a hit, to pave the way for this, perhaps), and so maybe good chances there will still be a good number of cities, but still. Was also thinking it would be nice to know if I need to make sure to check the site early that day for a nearby city that also showed DW, or to not worry or bother, since no one here 'got with the program' so to speak.

Yes, I believe it's only available through the Fathom site.  I hope, if it's playing near enough to me, that it's not sold out by the time I wake up!

Board footera