BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2015 3:28 am  #2181

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

So it looks like the nearest cinema to where I will be on Jan 2 is in fact going to be screening STAB! I'm pretty excited, but I'll have to hope that I can a) get to the cinema that day and b) get a ticket (I'll be staying with the in-laws at their favourite beachside caravan park 30 mins from the cinema in New Plymouth NZ, so kind of dependent on them for transport etc.) Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm a bit disappointed to read that the Australian television premiere screening will be on some new network I've not heard of before called "Stan", and not on our free-to-air channel ABC, but hopefully it will be repeated on ABC at a later date. For now, I'm going to look into the free one month trial of Stan for when I get back to Australia a week later. And I'll have to find out more about buying the DVD, which I haven't really been paying attention to as yet.

Last edited by ukaunz (October 28, 2015 3:31 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 28, 2015 8:30 am  #2182

Fingers crossed for you, then, ukauzn! I'm sure your in-laws would see no problem with you going to the screening...but all the same, fingers crossed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 28, 2015 5:57 pm  #2183

Same from me as well, ukaunz! I hope you get to go.

The movie theatre website (I've been checking it every day since the air date announcement) finally has The Abominable Bride listed on their site.  It's playing on January 4th where I live.  My excitement has just been rekindled! I jut hope that it doesn't sell out before I get a chance to get a ticket (but I feel like it's pretty early on so maybe there won't be too much hype until closer to the date).  I feel like only use hardcore, page-refreshing, bordering-on-religious-page-checking fans will be thinking about this right now.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 28, 2015 5:58 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 29, 2015 5:20 am  #2184

I have just send a request to a German cinema, asking them if there are any plans to show the special. Has anyone else done the same?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 29, 2015 7:50 am  #2185

Good idea, schmiezi.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 29, 2015 7:57 am  #2186

I have been thinking about the same! 

Asking can never hurt, and if enough people do it there's an even bigger chance! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 29, 2015 8:20 am  #2187

Scmiezi, I will join you with asking a cinema nearby.
My only hope is that they also showed the Doctor Who Special and DW isn't more popular than Sherlock over here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 2, 2015 11:39 am  #2188

I've secured three seats for STAB on new year! *dances around*

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 2, 2015 11:42 am  #2189

That's brilliant... and I'm jealous at the same time. No announcement for a screening over here and I'm sceptical.
Got an answer that there are no plans yet. A little bit of hope ist left though. The cinema also showed the Doctor Who special and the announcement of it was at short notice.

Last edited by gently69 (November 2, 2015 11:46 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

November 2, 2015 11:45 am  #2190

Has the cinema answered you yet?
Still, you mustn't lose hope if they haven't!!

November 2, 2015 11:47 am  #2191

Just edited my post above.

(Tony Hadley)

November 2, 2015 11:51 am  #2192

There you go then! Keep faith!

November 2, 2015 1:48 pm  #2193

Good luck everyone!!!   Tickets go on sale here on Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 2, 2015 3:14 pm  #2194

By the way, for those of you who are worried about the price, they're not *that* expensive, count up to £20 an adult

November 2, 2015 3:33 pm  #2195

The war for a ticket has begun 😈
Any news about the rest of Europe ? Well I should say the rest of the world cause apparently it revolves around the US & England 😢

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

November 2, 2015 3:49 pm  #2196

Good luck for those of you in the US !!

November 2, 2015 5:36 pm  #2197

When are they on sale in the UK?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2015 5:45 pm  #2198

The sale started as of this morning, 11am.
Maybe there are still some seats...*fingers crossed for you*

November 2, 2015 6:11 pm  #2199

Well I do not understand the cinema website at all....
So I would have to phone.
Still waiting to hear back from my daughter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2015 6:57 pm  #2200

My fingers are crossed for all of you getting tickets

(and myself that it comes to Denmark...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera