BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2015 6:10 pm  #2161

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Great for you fans in the US! 

I'm still crossing my fingers for the European dates! 

... if I can afford it... but well, I can go a few weeks without food, right?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 26, 2015 6:17 pm  #2162

Martin (and John...and quite possibly most human beings) would say " (for God's sake) you've got to eat !"
Still, I'm sure you'll be able to afford it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 26, 2015 6:22 pm  #2163

Fathom Events like this are usually not very expensive Phantom.  I can't see it being more than Hamlet and those tickets were only $15 US.

I will watch it on January 1st and record it so that I can watch it many times until the DVD comes out. 

And I will absolutely see it at the theater.  No way I'm missing John and Sherlock on the big screen!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 26, 2015 6:23 pm  #2164

Awesome news for you all North American Sherlockians!
Have we got the times as well for UK screening? (I'm on Sherlockoly's website atm, but I might have missed something)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 26, 2015 6:36 pm  #2165

I don't know, but I was just assuming it would screen at the same time as it's shown on TV, because that's what happened with the last Doctor Who one (Deep Breath).   Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'll be able to go on the 1st.  The US times are much better - it would be great to see it on TV then have a chance to watch again on the big screen!    But maybe I'm wrong about the UK screening. 

October 26, 2015 6:44 pm  #2166

tonnaree wrote:

Attention North American Sherlockians!

We have dates and times for TAB cinema showings!
January 5th and 6th.  Tickets will go on sale on Friday, November 6th.
Participating theaters not listed yet.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/BBCs-SHERLOCK-THE-ABOMINABLE-BRIDE-Coming-to-US-Movie-Theaters-This-January-20151026

Yay!   You beat me to it… just keep an eye on the ticket site for city listings…. 
http://www.fathomevents.com/event/sherlock/more-info/details

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 26, 2015 7:13 pm  #2167

Any news about Europa ? 😓

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 26, 2015 7:36 pm  #2168

Nothing so far for Germany. Neither TV nor cinemas.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2015 8:42 pm  #2169

Hmmm, so the "global, world-wide" event actually means "just in the Uk and US"? Thought so... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 26, 2015 10:48 pm  #2170

Yes, because the rest of us are aliens, LOL. 

I still have my hopes up though... while my poor bank account is screaming "Nooooooo!" If it's the same price as the Hamlet screening, that's twice what a normal theater ticket costs... that's more than twice than the $15 @tonnaree ... ah well. It'll be worth it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 27, 2015 3:05 pm  #2171

No news about it in Sweden either. I've seen some words about how they are trying to figure out when our main network will be able to show it but I don't think it will be simultaneously as the UK and US though =/ My hope will be with the streaming sites I guess ;)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

October 27, 2015 3:08 pm  #2172

Here's a theory for how the tab episode is played out in Sherlocks mindpalace. I quite like it!

http://the-secret-life-in-221b.tumblr.com/post/132017767928/the-mind-palace-theories-of-tab

And here's just a little something ;)

http://the-secret-life-in-221b.tumblr.com/post/132018403923/sherlock-addict-am-i-the-first-one-who-wants-to

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

October 27, 2015 3:19 pm  #2173

I like both theories very much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 27, 2015 3:24 pm  #2174

Oh so do I. This fandom does have keen eyes, huh! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 27, 2015 3:27 pm  #2175

They really do! Wish I was that clever 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

October 27, 2015 4:06 pm  #2176

I may try to score tickets for this if it's playing anywhere near me (which I imagine is likely).

October 27, 2015 5:35 pm  #2177

What, do You think its possible That worldwilde means Commonwealth countries ?! 😞

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 27, 2015 5:58 pm  #2178

Maybe it's about translation? But then - isn't China on the list already?

October 27, 2015 6:24 pm  #2179

I really like that meta. Well articulated.
I'm curious to see the maths to explain it -I'll admit I'm not from the "maths science of Tumblr", not by a longshot, but still.

As for the second theory...if we follow the first, I suppose that would infer that Sherlock is on a journey to acknowledge his gayness and feelings for John? // "Oh, Watson..." -and whenever I watch the trailer, I never hear "I made me". Well, he'll probably think (or say. One can hope) that in later episodes...

October 28, 2015 3:03 am  #2180

"In addition to the 90­minute standalone episode, cinema goers will be treated to exclusive bonus material, including a guided tour of 221B Baker Street from Steven Moffat and a look behind the scenes at how the special episode was made featuring all the lead cast and crew."

http://www.mediaweek.com.au/sherlock-the-abominable-bride-announced-for-stan-and-cinema-release/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera