BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2015 8:44 pm  #2141

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Thank you, Vhanja.
I know that she said on 2nd November...I was wondering what time of the day, though.
Don't think it would be such a good reason to not do the class on that day, not even if the headmistress's a Sherlock fan as well (and I don't have the slightest idea as to that.) I might have to bribe friends (well, I say "friends"...) to do it in my stead if it's any time during the day -.- 
Anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled to sherlockology's website.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 25, 2015 9:02 pm  #2142

When it starts automaticly online, it can be a sleepless night from Sunday to Monday. Still no info about Germany .

Does anyone in UK want a guest over New Year? I can sleep on your doormat.

October 25, 2015 9:11 pm  #2143

Seriously, it will be a sleepless night.
- They'll probably give more info on the wolrdwide locations in the following hours

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 25, 2015 9:28 pm  #2144

So when they say "one-off screening", do you think that means one session only, on the day it premieres? If this is the case, it's not looking very likely that I'll get to see it at the cinema

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25, 2015 9:30 pm  #2145

This is how I understand it, too. Which is a bit sad regarding the special content. There will not be too many people who are able to see it. It would be nice to include it in the DVD extras. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2015 9:39 pm  #2146

Or they can release it online, some time in summer, so we have something to have fun with during the Next Waiting Period

October 25, 2015 9:41 pm  #2147

I bet in a few months after the DVD is released, they will release a Special Edition DVD with the extra stuff... 

Marketing methods and all that... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 25, 2015 10:17 pm  #2148

So have they screened previous Sherlock episodes on the big screen, and if so, what sort of extras were shown? Or have they only done special screenings with the producers and cast with q&a's afterwards? I hope my question makes sense. I understand some DW episodes have been screened at the cinema in the past too, with "extras". Did these ever show up on the DVD? (I've seen a couple on YouTube that looked like they were filmed by someone sitting in the theatre)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26, 2015 7:29 am  #2149

There have never been screenings on this scale before. They showed ASIB at an event and TEH at the British Film Institute followed by a Q&A with the team before the aired on TV. But they never showed any episodes in cinemas all over the country. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2015 7:35 am  #2150

No clue if I'll ever get a chance for it in the theater around here, but…. yay!  Was really appreciating the links to pics and transcript, but I didn't see anyone post the BBC youtube channel link?  Maybe the aussie one was just that much earlier and everyone was going crazy over that.      Yaaaaay!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 26, 2015 8:13 am  #2151

I think they've only just uploaded it, but I'm glad everyone can see it now 

October 26, 2015 9:51 am  #2152

"This one."
"Why?"
"You're Sherlock Holmes, wear the damn hat!"

Watson's line always cracks me up -though I'm pretty sure it won't when watching the episode, I doubt the context allows it much. Aaaaah, can't wait!

October 26, 2015 9:55 am  #2153

I badly want this thing to come to the Netherlands. I don't care that we always do family visits the first of January, surely the family can miss me this time. 

October 26, 2015 9:55 am  #2154

yeah, the tension between them could be heartbreaking and that line could be some form of comic relief trying not to get it too over the top sad and... ugh. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 26, 2015 10:07 am  #2155

...and now we're anticipating the drama and the suffering
Thank you, Mofftiss!

October 26, 2015 12:35 pm  #2156

Lilythiell wrote:

Thank you, Mofftiss!

We are The Sherlockians, it's what we do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 26, 2015 3:22 pm  #2157

Solenn wrote:

List of the cinema which will release Sherlock :
http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2015/10/25/sherlock-special-cinema-listing-251015

I bet the thing will not be broadcasted by any of the cinemas in my country.

I have a hunch I will turn completely monstrous during January 1-st.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 26, 2015 3:31 pm  #2158

tonnaree wrote:

Lilythiell wrote:

Thank you, Mofftiss!

We are The Sherlockians, it's what we do.

True. But I just felt like stating the obvious :-P

October 26, 2015 5:38 pm  #2159

Attention North American Sherlockians!

We have dates and times for TAB cinema showings!
January 5th and 6th.  Tickets will go on sale on Friday, November 6th.
Participating theaters not listed yet.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/BBCs-SHERLOCK-THE-ABOMINABLE-BRIDE-Coming-to-US-Movie-Theaters-This-January-20151026

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 26, 2015 6:03 pm  #2160

So assuming it will be the same date in the cinema in Canada as in the US...either I'm waiting to watch it on the big screen the first time, or I will end up watching it on TV initially, then the theatre, and then maybe the encore broadcast on Masterpiece as well.  My parents may think I'm nuts if I tell them that, but then again maybe I am and maybe it's a good quality.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 26, 2015 6:04 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera