BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2015 8:26 pm  #121

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

There's a picture surfing around on Tumblr now that apparantly is Ben in Nepal shooting Dr. Strange. Not sure if I should post it, as it does seem to be kind of a snapshot taken from hiding.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 4, 2015 8:29 pm  #122

It was mentioned on my Google alert...dunno if they posted the picture.
I'm more concerned he's not gonna be there too long or at least I hope he has the family with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2015 8:31 pm  #123

I doubt he will be on location for too long, most of those blockbuster action movies that relies heavily on CGI are shot against green screen, aren't they? That will probably be done somewhere in the US. Not sure if that helps, as it's still not home in London with his family. (Unless they join him).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

November 4, 2015 8:33 pm  #124

He has bought a house there for that purpose!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2015 8:34 pm  #125

I saw the picture and for me it's too blurry to tell if it is him... 

I think you're right about the times on location... I assume they would try to keep the actors on location for as short as possible... it must be quite expensive! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2015 8:35 pm  #126

besleybean wrote:

He has bought a house there for that purpose!

Oh, wow, I'm far behind on my Ben-knowledge!

Team Hudders!

November 4, 2015 8:37 pm  #127

As I mentioned, I get Google alerts on him...they also first told me of him buying his new London home and also the one on the Isle of Wight.

November 4, 2015 8:48 pm  #128

Pinewood has a studio in Georgia now.  

Just saying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 4, 2015 9:26 pm  #129

Sorry, dear, but as far as I know, the studio part of Doctor Strange will be filmed in London at Pinewood Studios. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2015 9:31 pm  #130

I bet it was some nepalese yetti who wore Ben´s cosplay. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 4, 2015 9:39 pm  #131

Or they are trying to keep it very secret because they heard about setlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2015 9:42 pm  #132

Shesh we'd have to be pretty keen to travel to Nepal!

November 5, 2015 7:52 am  #133

I saw that pic too.
I won't post the pic but if someone want to take a look: http://pathosandpunching.tumblr.com/post/132573660138/doctor-strange-2016

Around the eyes it looks like him, but it's too blurry to be sure. If it's him I hope he doesn't look like that the whole film.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 5, 2015 8:27 am  #134

SusiGo wrote:

Or they are trying to keep it very secret because they heard about setlock. 

I always wanted to travel to Nepal. LOL
The pic really is blurry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 5, 2015 10:19 am  #135

Ivy wrote:

Around the eyes it looks like him, but it's too blurry to be sure. If it's him I hope he doesn't look like that the whole film.

I'm sure he won't. I'm not completely familiar with the Doctor Strange story, but I'm sure he'll only look like this at the beginning of the film - before he actually becomes Doctor Strange.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 5, 2015 10:22 am  #136

http://londongypsy.tumblr.com/post/132592134204/source-x-x
Some more pics. Could be him, couldn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 5, 2015 10:26 am  #137

I'm pretty sure it's him. And I'm excited!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 5, 2015 10:33 am  #138

I'm convinced now! 

Oooh! I doubt he'll look like that the whole film through though... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 5, 2015 10:44 am  #139

I've taken this quote from Wikipedia, and I suppose that's why Benedict looks the way he looks in those first pics from the set:

Dr. Stephen Strange is a brilliant but egotistical neurosurgeon who only cares about wealth from his career. However, a car accident shatters the bones in his hands. The damage effectively ends his ability to conduct surgery, since his hands now tremble uncontrollably. Too proud to take on a teaching job, Strange desperately searches for a way to restore his hands, consulting doctors, homeopathic treatments, and traveling around the world to remote regions for exotic cures, to no avail. After he exhausts his funds, he becomes homeless, forcing him to perform "back alley" medical procedures for cash. Depressed and still searching, Strange locates a hermit called the Ancient One (who is actually the Earth's Sorcerer Supreme) in the Himalayas.

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 5, 2015 10:44 am)

November 5, 2015 10:47 am  #140

Like I said, it's the eyes. They are unique

I'm still hoping for that Tony-Stark-like look with slightly grey temples that someone draw when the film was announced

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera