BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2015 8:54 pm  #101

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Oh tonnaree, I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that he will indeed come to Atlanta...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 12, 2015 9:17 pm  #102

Good luck, tonnaree! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 13, 2015 6:26 am  #103

My fingers are crossed too! (Don't die for real though ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 22, 2015 12:25 pm  #104

Anything new about this project? When do they start filming, does anybody know?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 25, 2015 11:51 pm  #105

I don't think it has been mentioned on this thread yet, but Rachel McAdams is also confirmed to be a part of the cast. Funny, she played Irene Adler in Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes adaptation. 
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/5-Characters-Rachel-McAdams-Could-Play-Doctor-Strange-72434.html

Haven't seen anything on whether or not Marvel has started filming, but I'm wishfully hoping that they might  throw out a gift at this year's NYC Comic Con...Maybe a clip or two, or at least some more news on the storyline/cast.. Sigh....

September 26, 2015 2:01 pm  #106

I believe Strange doesn't begin filming until November.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 1, 2015 7:22 am  #107

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2015 11:50 am  #108

Very glad to hear they are doing an origin story.  I think it will be fascinating to see Ben portray.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 14, 2015 10:30 am  #109

I pointed out Benedict's Dr Strange muscles to my hubby, when we saw Hamlet the other night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2015 10:48 pm  #110

I love marvel. I love benedict.Marvel+Benedict=POW!!!!(that was my mind being blown)

October 24, 2015 9:38 am  #111

Seen on The Knowledge Online website: "The start date for principal photography on Doctor Strange has been confirmed, with cameras ready to roll from 4 November."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2015 11:32 am  #112

Wow, Benedict won't have long to jump form Shaekespearean times, right into the future!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 24, 2015 12:45 pm  #113

And not much time to rest after Hamlet either!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2015 12:54 pm  #114

Is it filming in the States?

October 24, 2015 1:00 pm  #115

Apparently it will be filmed at Pinewood Studios' U.K. facility, Shepperton Studios.

October 24, 2015 3:36 pm  #116

ukaunz wrote:

Apparently it will be filmed at Pinewood Studios' U.K. facility, Shepperton Studios.

And that makes total sense.  I understand that the Shepperton Studios are only about a half an hour drive from the area of London where Ben, Sophie and Christopher live (somewhere close to his beloved Hampstead Health I believe).  I have to imagine one of the conditions that had to be agreed to when Ben signed on was that this film wouldn't take him far from his family and his London base.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

October 24, 2015 4:27 pm  #117

I dunno about the contract details...wasn't Benedict signed up before they knew about baby?

October 24, 2015 6:05 pm  #118

No, he signed with Marvel at the beginning of December 2014.  The press announcement from Marvel came December 4/14.  As of mid-November a small number of actors were named to be in the running for the role, (including Ben on this short list of three possibles) so nothing was finalised until after that.  On November 27th it was reported that Ben was in final talks with Marvel for the role and then a week later he had signed.

Christopher was born in early June I think, so it seems most likely to me that BC knew about his future family during contract negotiations for Dr. Strange.

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (October 24, 2015 6:16 pm)

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

October 24, 2015 6:14 pm  #119

ukaunz wrote:

And not much time to rest after Hamlet either!

Well, theoretically they certainly could start filming without him. He won't be in every single scene, so that would leave enough material to be filmed without him. Although I would agree that the fact that they start filming more or less right after "Hamlet" has finished seems to indicate that they've only been waiting for him to step onto the film set.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 24, 2015 6:16 pm  #120

I concur and nice he can stay at home!

Board footera