BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2016 2:39 pm  #461

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Hmmm...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 13, 2016 2:42 pm  #462

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 13, 2016 2:51 pm  #463

I'm glad I wasn't bothering you guys...I was afraid I was going to annoy everyone after all the excitement to just come in here and not be so excited.

nakahara wrote:

Hmmm...

Seeing the gif of this moment on its own sort of reminds me of that shot in Scandal in Belgravia.

Last edited by Yitzock (April 13, 2016 2:53 pm)

Clueing for looks.

April 13, 2016 3:01 pm  #464

It's all fine, Yitzock. 

And interesting information, ukaunz, thanks for posting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2016 3:03 pm  #465

Wow, me too! 

I just can't stop staring at the gifs... this is so amazing! 

And the press here are already excited, lol. I laughed a bit when I read an article about Mads Mikkelsen starring in a film... they listed all the main actors, and Ben as the very last... to me it sounded like they almost forgot about him. LOL 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 13, 2016 3:07 pm  #466

That's funny, Phantom, about the press leaving Benedict to the end even though he plays the title character.  Maybe they were leaving the best for last, or leaving him "last but not least?" 
If not, we can pretend that that's why.

Clueing for looks.

April 13, 2016 5:04 pm  #467

If you're interested in the opinion of a "neutral bystander": I liked this teaser trailer, it got me truly interested. I am not into Marvel Universe at all. Never read one of the comics, I think I only watched the first Captain America, the first Thor movie and Guardians of the Galaxy and I have no idea who that guy Dr. Strange is. I never bothered to go to the cinema for a Marvel movie, but as I said, I really liked this teaser and I think i will break this tradition in October/November this year. :D

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

April 13, 2016 5:06 pm  #468

I am a latecomer to Marvel, too.
Entered via RDJ, but then was only really interested in Loki!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 13, 2016 5:09 pm  #469

Oh, same with me. I saw Tom and thought, wow, this villain steals the movie. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2016 5:12 pm  #470

Think I'd watch him in anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 13, 2016 5:27 pm  #471

How adorable is this? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 13, 2016 5:35 pm  #472

April 13, 2016 5:47 pm  #473

Aw.

April 13, 2016 9:00 pm  #474

I don't like superhero movies either. Don't think I've ever seen any of them (except from Superman from the 80s, of course). And when I heard Ben was playing Dr. Strange, I felt he was really stretching my fangirl loyalty, because I wasn't even sure if I would bother see it.

And then I see ONE set picture of a scruffy-looking Ben in Tibet, and I'm sold. I can't even explain what happened. Also, I love mysticism/sorcerer stuff, so that helps me get into it a bit more. 

That cupcake was awesome, I love how quick she is! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 13, 2016 9:00 pm  #475

Aw! That's sweet. There really is a cupcake for everything.

Clueing for looks.

April 13, 2016 9:23 pm  #476

Most wonderful cupcake of all.

April 13, 2016 9:32 pm  #477

If you ever wished you could be Strange for a day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 13, 2016 9:40 pm  #478

I would not mind if he lent me a million or two... 

April 13, 2016 9:47 pm  #479

Well, I must have watched the trailer enough times last night, I had very Strange dreams 

Cute cupcake, brilliant as usual 

Edit: oops, I got interrupted by my kids while commenting, forgot which thread I was on.

Last edited by ukaunz (April 13, 2016 9:49 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 13, 2016 9:50 pm  #480

Yitzock wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Hmmm...

Seeing the gif of this moment on its own sort of reminds me of that shot in Scandal in Belgravia.

A double fascination once again... 

Board footera