BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2015 3:51 pm  #101

Re: hOOray it's (adult) mOnday!

I didn't mean any offense, I thought it was obvious what kind of "stupid" I meant. Which seemingly it wasn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 3:52 pm  #102

Vhanja wrote:

I didn't mean any offense, I thought it was obvious what kind of "stupid" I meant. Which seemingly it wasn't.

Did you mean ti bothered you a lot that everything was still left ambiguous in the end?  :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 26, 2015 3:54 pm  #103

tonnaree wrote:

Did you mean ti bothered you a lot that everything was still left ambiguous in the end?  :-(

Yes! Johnlock will probably never happen in the show, that's what I have fanfics for. I don't need sadness and ambigious endings in fanfics as well. :-(

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 4:02 pm  #104

May I ask why you have this signature if you do not believe in Johnlock becoming Canon? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2015 4:10 pm  #105

Getting a bit OT, but it's my signature because it's my head canon. What I personally prefer and what I think the writers will do in the show are two different things. 

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 4:23 pm  #106

I see. I was just wondering because I could never separate my headcanon from what I wish to see in the show. Of course I know that there will be no explicit sex (like in fanfiction) but I wish to see and hope to see and am quite we will see them as a couple in every sense of the word. 
I cannot imagine loving fanfics without wishing and expecting to see Johnlock in the show. But maybe this is just me. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 26, 2015 4:24 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2015 4:26 pm  #107

I of course wish to see it. I would wish nothing more, and would probably throw a party of pure joy if it ever happened.

I just don't think it ever will. Not in the show. That is why I have fanfics.

Last edited by Vhanja (January 26, 2015 4:27 pm)

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 4:56 pm  #108

Vhanja's johnlock glass is half empty. 

Come on over to the half full side honey!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 26, 2015 5:00 pm  #109

When it comes to Johnlock my brain is sober, my heart is up in the clouds and the rest of me is firmly planted in the gutter. 

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 5:02 pm  #110

You really need to have a word with your brain then. What good is it doing you by being sober?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 26, 2015 5:03 pm  #111

Haha! It makes the disappointment sting a bit less if I keep a sober attitude towards the show. Then the rest of me can free-roam in the crazy world of fanfics.

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 5:05 pm  #112

Sorry for interrupting, but we should move the discussion somewhere else. I declare myself guilty of having been OT as well. But here we deal with favourite "O"s. 

January 26, 2015 6:12 pm  #113

Come on!
Let's take Vhaja's brain to the johnlock guide thread and get it drunk!

TOPIC!

O's are wonderful.  One can never have too many O's.
Tell us about your favorites!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 26, 2015 6:50 pm  #114

*giggle*

Welll, to get back on topic. Here's a fun little story I found today. 

Called "The Unexpected Exchange" by testosterone_tea

The entire fic is more or less belongs in this thread, and it's quite funny and hot all throughout. But if you want the hottest part you go to "He hadn't done much..." to "Sherlock collapsed on the bed". (Although you wouldn't be worse off to just read the entire thing).

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3208208

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 8:07 pm  #115

This thread is not about the hottest part, it is about the big O. And should not be an entire fic or entire chapters. So would you please make a choice of the O you want to introduce and skip the rest? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 26, 2015 8:11 pm  #116

I thought I did? Gawd, it seems I manage to misinterpret every single thread in here sometimes.

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 8:17 pm  #117

But we are willing to work with you Vhanja! 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 26, 2015 8:36 pm  #118

Thank you.

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 8:45 pm  #119

My contribution for this mOnday:

How Do You Know by "LaurieRoar"

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1410298?view_adult=true

Short story, which can be read in one breath. Big O starts with the words "He inched closer to Sherlock..." and ends with the words "and onto the bed sheets". 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 26, 2015 9:08 pm  #120

SusiGo wrote:

I cannot imagine loving fanfics without wishing and expecting to see Johnlock in the show. But maybe this is just me. 

Maybe not only you, but... :-)
I love reading johnlock-fanfic, but I don't ship it, and don't necessarily believe it will happen in the show, though I wouldn't mind. I just like fanfiction with lots of characterization and tension, and johnlock ones provide this. Also, it's the biggest thing out there. And if I want to read hot fanfic, johnlock is the thing to read ;-) I mean, there is other stuff out there, but the more people write a certain pairing, the better the selection ;-) it's not an automatism though, I'd say :-)
okay, sorry, now I'll go read stories :-)

Last edited by Whisky (January 26, 2015 9:10 pm)

"It is what it is."

Board footera