BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2014 4:09 am  #1

Assalam Alikoum Fellow Sherlockians

This is Badr Bally from Egypt, I was born in Brighton, UK in 1981 and moved with my parents to Egypt in 1988. I've been a big Sherlock Holmes fan since I was a kid, my first real exposure being the Arabic dub of Sherlock Hound then I moved on to the movies and TV shows. BBC's Sherlock isn't available on Arabic networks at this time unfortunately despite the character's relevance here (despite the show making news on many Arabic entertainment news) but the Guy Ritchie films have been shown and Elementary airs on Dubai based free satellite network MBC (MBC 4 to be exact). I don't care about canon or non-canon to the Doyle books, if it's good, that's fine with me. 

Last edited by BBally (October 9, 2014 4:10 am)

October 9, 2014 6:16 am  #2

Re: Assalam Alikoum Fellow Sherlockians

Welcome to the forum, Badr.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 9, 2014 7:50 am  #3

Hi, warm welcome, nice to have you around. I like your attitude 
Do you mean to say you were not able to see BBC Sherlock yet?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 9, 2014 7:51 am  #4

Hi warm welcome from me as well

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 9, 2014 8:06 am  #5

Wa alaika s-salaam, Badr. Welcome to the forum.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 9, 2014 2:22 pm  #6

Welcome to the forum! Have you seen the DVDs?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 10, 2014 6:07 am  #7

Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 12, 2014 10:10 pm  #8

Harriet wrote:

Do you mean to say you were not able to see BBC Sherlock yet?

Thanks to the internet I have (currently on Series 2), I've noticed videos of Sherlock with Arabic fansubs. Ordering DVD's on Amazon from Egypt would cost me a lot of money, I could afford it but at this moment I need it for my shopping and rent. Maybe when I visit my brother in the UK I might get the DVDs although I have my eyes set on the Doyle book series.

October 12, 2014 10:16 pm  #9

Glad for the internet, then! It sounds like you have to overcome some difficulties then. I hope it will work out well 

So you have Series 3 still ahead of you? And do you perfer watching with Arabic subs?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 12, 2014 10:20 pm  #10

Harriet wrote:

Glad for the internet, then! It sounds like you have to overcome some difficulties then. I hope it will work out well

So you have Series 3 still ahead of you? And do you perfer watching with Arabic subs?

I can watch with or without Arabic subs (I'm more fluent in English than I am with Arabic due to being born in the UK and all) so I don't have any preference when it comes to subs, although I prefer to watch movies/shows/cartoons from non-English/Arabic speaking nations with subtitles over dubs (I don't mind dubs as long as they're good and fit the feel of the shows sometimes better than the original language ala. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun)

October 13, 2014 9:05 am  #11

Welcome to the forum, Badr. I hope you will be able to watch series 3 soon. We also have discussion threads for the Ritchie films, Granada Holmes, Elementary, etc. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 14, 2014 8:50 am  #12

Welcome to the forum, Badr. You will have lots of fun here. We're all Sherlocked!

Board footera