BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2014 2:59 pm  #1

It seems like the delete feature is missing

When I'm posting things, the edit feature is still there but the delete feature is gone. I don't know if it happening with everyone else but I do notice it with me. (If there has been any discussion in regards to this do show me a link)

I had liked the delete feature mainly because I could get rid of postings that never did get any responses or ones that I had felt embarassed about in the past. Besides, it does help make more space for those who do want to post.

October 1, 2014 3:06 pm  #2

Re: It seems like the delete feature is missing

My delete button still appears and seems to be working.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 1, 2014 5:06 pm  #3

Same here, mrshouse, things seem ok. But in the past few weeks, there've been quite a few temporary problems with links.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 1, 2014 5:16 pm  #4

I was asked to delete a post a while ago, and there was no button available!   The particular post was a thread starter and I wondered if that was the problem?  Maybe we can only delete follow-up posts?

Last edited by Liberty (October 1, 2014 5:16 pm)

October 1, 2014 7:30 pm  #5

Sounds plausible, liberty. If you deleted the thread starter, the whole thread would be deleted too, wouldn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 2, 2014 3:09 pm  #6

Yeah, I think only admins can delete entire threads, but if you want something deleting, by all means drop me a PM or let me know on here and I can sort it for you. Providing there's a reasonable reason you want it deleted, obviously!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2014 9:05 pm  #7

Speaking of delete features: Boss, could you pls delete the user account alma27 - and her posts, while you are in? Thanks :-)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 2:42 am  #8

It appears that the delete feature has returned so this is no longer an issue for me. 

Board footera