BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2014 8:27 pm  #1

My favorite episode

So far in this series, this has been my favorite. It had it all. A great central figure (Irene Adler, as Lara Pulver was great in the role), lots of feelings and emotions, plenty of wonderful character scenes (like the x-mas party or sherlock and mycroft at the morgue for example), beautiful directing, music, and photography, and hilarious moments.

TRF, TGG, and ASIP are great, classic episodes as well but if I ranked them this would come as #1 for me. 

Last edited by BrettHolmes (October 9, 2014 2:24 pm)

October 1, 2014 3:12 pm  #2

Re: My favorite episode

I only recently told my friends that "A Scandal In Belgravia" is my favourite episode so far.

I love Irene Adler too and how she and Sherlock dance around and complement each other. It's a hilarious episode in many ways, but also one of the saddest. There's a wistfulness lingering in every corner and the music only supports that undertone.

It's also the only episode I can watch over and over again without getting enough of it.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

October 1, 2014 5:45 pm  #3

It's one of my favourites, if not the favourite.  There are a couple of things I don't like, but so much that I do like!  Part of it was the placement as the first episode of Season 2 - I felt that I learned new things about Sherlock (as he did about himself), and got a different view of the character. 

November 8, 2014 3:37 pm  #4

When I have to choose my favourite episode, I say it's this one. Maybe it's because the game between Sherlock and Irene; maybe because the big revelation (I am Sherlocked) is brilliant; maybe because of those details like Sherlock's apology or Greg's face when he saw Molly's dress. I don't know; I love all episodes but I feel somehow different about "A Scandal in Belgravia", I "worship" it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

November 29, 2014 9:52 pm  #5

yes. I have the same. maybe for me it´s as well the fact that it was the first Sherlock episode I´ve seen. but still, the matching of the story plots, camera, dialogues...still the best ep for me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

Board footera