BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2012 6:56 am  #21

Re: John's reaction to Sherlock's deduction

I also think Moriarty deliberately targeted ' vulnerable' victims and those who would test Sherlock's emotions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2012 7:33 am  #22

Woman, man, old, disabled, young and finally...a 'friend'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 22, 2012 4:47 pm  #23

His only one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 22, 2012 9:45 pm  #24

Moriarty was signing his own death warrant. No one messes with Sherlock's only friend and lives to tell the tale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 22, 2012 9:50 pm  #25

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Moriarty was signing his own death warrant. No one messes with Sherlock's only friend and lives to tell the tale.

So true. His reaction the three times John is threatened by someone is most revealing. Just think of the hint of panic in his eyes when he's to open Irene's safe while the American threatens to shoot John. His revenge later on isn't just for Mrs Hudson, is it?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 13, 2013 8:36 pm  #26

Not the deduction this thread was originally  referring to (the van Buren supernovea on the painting), but I just noticed a little funny thing.
Sherlock solved the Connie Prince case, leaving behind a disappointed John after having railed him with his deduction.
Just look what's written on the street. (Poor John!)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 13, 2013 8:38 pm  #27

SLOW  I wonder if it's coincidence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 13, 2013 8:41 pm  #28

Mary Me wrote:

SLOW  I wonder if it's coincidence...

I'm almost sure it is.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 13, 2013 9:08 pm  #29

Nice discovery. Poor John.
The people behind the camera know what they're doing, and since the scene was probably shot several times, I think they were aware of it. But I don't think they deliberately chose this part of the street just to make the "slow" appear in the background.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 13, 2013 9:44 pm  #30

Davina wrote:

Unless the plot requires them, suddenly, to not work or not have signal. You know, at the time when it will cause the most problems...

- 'Walk back to where you came from.'
- 'What did you say? Sorry, Sherlock, bad signal.'

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 14, 2013 5:42 am  #31

Paul McGuigan likes his shots. He probably liked the long. broad avenue....Cardiff Uni, I believe.

Board footera