BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2012 2:14 pm  #21

Re: Benedict splits from girlfriend

Sherlocked, theCuriousOne... thanks! It's good to know I'm not alone. Yes, let's just keep trying 

In fact, thank you all. Sometimes I feel like I have no chance in this matter, I live in a small Spanish town with less than 50.000 people in it. Anyway, I really don't feel the need to have a partner in my life. I mean, I would love to if I found the correct person, but if not, there's nothing wrong with it. I love my independence and my way of life as it is, so if I find someone who would like to share it with me, he'll be welcome, but I really don't think I'll be missing anything if not.

About Ben, again: I feel like you, sherlocked. I'm usually more attracted to character than to actors. I have a little something with voices too. I am terribly in love with Alan Rickman's voice, as well as with Benedict's. I don't find Benedict specially handsome or hot, I think he's a kind of weird looking guy with an enormous amount of charisma. But yes, dressed as Sherlock he wins a lot to me but I think that's because I'm attracted to his character more than his looks. The same applies for Eric Bana; I don't find him specially attractive, but dressed as prince Hector in Troy, such a beautiful character... oh well, he looked pretty hot to me 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 25, 2012 2:21 pm  #22

Oh Eric Bana is hot; we've been spoiled here watching him for many, many years!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 25, 2012 2:50 pm  #23

Oh, well, let's go off-topic 

Kazza, you have a great advantage over me regarding Eric Bana... you live in Australia!!
First time I saw him was Hulk, I liked his performance a lot, but I fell completely in love with him in Troy, though the film itself was a bit of an insult to Homer and the Iliad. But he was soooooooooo terribly hot in that movie... I confess, from time to time, when I'm a little down, I put it in my DVD and watch his parts in the movie, specially that awesome fight with Achilles... oh, my God...

End of the off-topic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 25, 2012 4:49 pm  #24

I love, love Alan Rickman! He is the only reason, that I watched some of the Harry Potter movies, though I did not like them all that much. But Rickman always rocked. Did you know, by the way, that Rowling told Rickman all about Snape before they started to shoot the very first movie? How cool is that! But it's the reason, he's so great in that role. He knew all the time! I only wished, the directors had known as well and given him more screen time.
I love Eric Bana as Hector (such beautiful integrity!), though I agree with you. 'Troy' is an insult to Homer! And this from a German director! We grew up with the classic Greek legends!
As to Ben and his great voice: Isn't he playing Khan in the prequel of 'The Wrath of Khan' ( Star Trek)? Since we share the love for great voices: In the original movie, Khan is played by Ricardo Montalban, who is another one with an absolutely mindblowing voice. It's my favorite movie of the older Star Trek series, and it's because of Montalban. I think, Ben is a great choice for playing a younger Khan.

March 25, 2012 10:56 pm  #25

Off topic again 

Yes, Alan Rickman is one of the greatest actors ever, along with Gary Oldman, Ralph Fiennes and Marlon Brando, in my opinion. Love them all. And Rickman was a perfect, absolutely perfect Snape. I already knew what you say about Rowling telling him all about Snape, I think that should have been really helpful to Alan. His performance was great.
By the way, how about Alan playing a new villain in Sherlock's series 3? Wouldn't that be absolutely awesome? What a duel of great voices 

About Troy, well... when I saw Hector killing Menelaus I thought it was going to be awful, and in terms of story it was... no gods... no Cassandra... Paris alive... Though Eric makes worth watching it.

End off topic 

I'm a huge, really really huge fan of Star Wars (I was born 1977, the year the first one was released and I grew up watching the three of them, I could quote any of the three initial films almost word by word) but I've never been interested in Star Trek, don't know why. Anyway, I know who Ricardo Montalbán is and I can see now what a good casting choice has Benedict been. Damn, now I'm going to have to get into Star Trek 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (March 25, 2012 10:58 pm)

March 26, 2012 2:29 am  #26

I have no idea who Alan Rickman is except that Ben does an apparently good job of copying his voice!

I've never watched a single scene of Star Wars, (yet I probably know a fair bit about the plot, actors etc). I've never liked Star Trek, or any other Sci Fi shows in fact.
Sorry guys, it just doesn't interest me!

I shall forever be probably the only person on this planet who has never watched these shows.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 3:54 am  #27

But I bet you'll be watching the new Star Trek movie...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 26, 2012 5:15 am  #28

Hmmm that is a tough one.
I'm not gonna know what's going on am I?

I haven't seen Warhorse yet, I've heard from a few that it wasn't as good as they expected; That Ben doesn't have that much screen time, etc etc.
Spielberg movies are hit or miss with me. And I m not THAT obsessed to sit through something I may hate!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 7:50 am  #29

Ben doesn't have much screen time. He's in it for maybe 10-20 mins tops. But it's a fantastic movie. The horse is really just a tool for looking at the war through the eyes of both armies. It's actually quite a unique way of looking at conflict and war, and shows how enemy nations are united in the way they treat their animals (for good or ill). I thought it was really very good. But I wouldn't expect anything less from Spielberg. Plus, I've worked in theatre with children and animals and omg I can't imagine doing an entire film where the animal is the protagonist!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 26, 2012 9:34 am  #30

Haha, kazza! Maybe you should get interested, since MoGiss clearly know their Startrek. In the pub scene of 'Hounds', where Sherlock is afraid of his fear, because he believes, he saw the hound, John answers:'Yes, alright, Spock, just take it easy.' I leave it to you to find out, what John meant. I guess wikipedia should be sufficient. It's funny, because 'Spock' and to a lesser degree 'Data' came to my mind more than once, when I thought about Sherlock.
But seriosly,the Startrek movies are more for afficionados, except the afore mentioned 'Wrath of Khan' and the latest one, which is a very funny and watchable prequel to everything startrekky.

March 26, 2012 9:48 am  #31

Oh I do know enough to get me by in a social setting; my older brothers lived & breathed Dr Who and Star Trek through the 70's & 80's. I think that is what turned me off them actually.

Spock once stated that he had an ancestor that said " If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains – however improbable – must be the truth." So there is a link between the 2 characters.
It was in the movie made in the early 90's.

I know my popular trivia.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 9:50 am  #32

Oh and I do know what a Tribble is.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 10:27 am  #33

Wow, that quote about Spock's ancestor! So Sherlock must have had children at some point of his life! Who was the mother? Molly or Irene??
Yes, Spock is very much the space age Sherlock. By the way, Spock dies in order to save his friends at the end of 'Wrath of Khan'. Very emotional scene. And - guess what? - he gets revived in the sequel. Everything has been there before.
My parents did not allow me to watch Startrek for some reason. Not that they had any idea what it was all about, but maybe that's the reason, why I became a fan as an adult, lol!

March 26, 2012 10:54 am  #34

Actually, we might just have stumbled on the clue, everybody missed. Spock really dies, but his body is conserved in deep space, and he is revived by 'Project Genesis', a secret scientific project for creating life on barren planets, which might have been developed by Dr. Stapleton in the Baskerville facilities, one of the project, she wasn't allowed to talk about. So Sherlock really jumps and dies, Molly conserves his body for three years, and Mycroft, who of course knows about the project, tells Dr. Stapleton to test Project Genesis for the first time on a human. Case closed. No clones, doppelgangers, dubious poisons or rubber balls involved. Who knew, it was that simple!

March 26, 2012 10:59 am  #35

sherlocked wrote:

Yes, Spock is very much the space age Sherlock.

Yeah, that was the whole point of that line; that they are similar in their way of thinking. It was never suggested that it was true, it was a joke of Spock's. (Vulcan humour, ark ark)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 11:01 am  #36

sherlocked wrote:

Actually, we might just have stumbled on the clue, everybody missed. Spock really dies, but his body is conserved in deep space, and he is revived by 'Project Genesis', a secret scientific project for creating life on barren planets, which might have been developed by Dr. Stapleton in the Baskerville facilities, one of the project, she wasn't allowed to talk about. So Sherlock really jumps and dies, Molly conserves his body for three years, and Mycroft, who of course knows about the project, tells Dr. Stapleton to test Project Genesis for the first time on a human. Case closed. No clones, doppelgangers, dubious poisons or rubber balls involved. Who knew, it was that simple!

Oh dear.
We must ventilate this place better. I think you have overdosed on the fumes of my liquid paper. I make a lot of mistakes when typing, I always use liquid paper to correct wrong words on the screen.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 11:08 am  #37

No, I petted one of my tribbles. They are like cats without a brain and lower the IQ of the whole street, lol!

Board footera