BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2014 10:02 am  #101

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2014

Bounce - bounce - bounce... send the questionnaire... bounce - bounce - bounce

October 5, 2014 1:25 pm  #102

Kerkerian wrote:

La Jolie wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Send the questionaire already and make us all happy!

I'm sure Mycroft is already on the case. I think someone's being told at this very moment that unless they submit their questionaires within the next five seconds, materials will be found on their computer hard drive that will result in...  you know the rest.

You're right. Hm, I wouldn't want to swap places with them...

Hah! 

*cracks knuckles* *waits with fingers poised over the keyboard* I'm ready. 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 5, 2014 3:03 pm  #103

Maybe that person simply forgot or dropped out and forgot to notice us. I'd say if she or he doesn't send it today we should just get started without her/him. It's not as if the deadlines were rocket science or something. I mean, we were supposed to send no later than the third, and it's the fifth now, so I'm starting to assume that he or she either forgot or has lost interest and forgot to tell us. 

October 5, 2014 3:10 pm  #104

I'm sure Schmiezi knows all about the Who and What and Why. Let's let her work it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

October 5, 2014 5:45 pm  #105

La Jolie wrote:

I'm sure Schmiezi knows all about the Who and What and Why. Let's let her work it out.

Thank you dear! I know the who, but unfortunately neither what nor why. So I've decided to start sending out prompts now.

Please keep in mind that I don't know how much time I can spend on it now. Baby Schmiezi is sleeping in his crib next to me right now, but of course he might wake up any minute and make me stop writing mails to you. So please please don't be mad at me if you'll receive your prompt tomorrow instead of today.

Dear missing participant,
I know that there are always good reasons to miss a dead line. If you still want to take part in the exchange, send me a PM and we will work something out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 5, 2014 6:47 pm  #106

*loudly belting out Indiana Jones theme song*

Aaaaand we're off! Thank you, Schmiezi!

*theme song still playing in the background*...

Now, how do I start...?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

October 5, 2014 7:16 pm  #107

*bounces up and down*

Oh, this is brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Someone's been reading my thoughts.
Thank you, dear prompter, for the perfect prompt.
And Schmiezi, thank you for giving it to me.
I'm a happy little bunny right now.

What's the deadline again, Dec. 1st?

October 5, 2014 7:25 pm  #108

La Jolie wrote:

Yay to baby Schmiezi for sleeping well so far. All prompts are on their way.

As for the deadline, I would like to start posting the stories on Dec. 1st, so an earlier deadline would be perfect. Let's say it's Friday, 28th November. If someone has a sertioius problem with that, please contact me and we'll work it out.

Thanks to those of you who gave me feedback concerning their prompts, BTW. Good to hear that you all seem to be comfy with them so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 5, 2014 10:22 pm  #109

Schmiezi wrote:

La Jolie wrote:

Yay to baby Schmiezi for sleeping well so far. All prompts are on their way.

As for the deadline, I would like to start posting the stories on Dec. 1st, so an earlier deadline would be perfect. Let's say it's Friday, 28th November. If someone has a sertioius problem with that, please contact me and we'll work it out.

Thanks to those of you who gave me feedback concerning their prompts, BTW. Good to hear that you all seem to be comfy with them so far.

I've always had trouble with meeting deadlines...BUT I will try my best to get my fic done by November 28!  And thanks again for setting all this up! I am very happy with my prompt, kudos to who wrote it 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2014 1:11 pm  #110

Wohoo, great that we could still get started yesterday. I stayed up last night until two because I was writing. Loving it. 

October 6, 2014 2:36 pm  #111

Is there a special award for the first person to pass the magical mark of 221 words?

If yes, I think it goes to Silverblaze.

October 6, 2014 2:38 pm  #112

Me too! I don't have enough fingers to write as fast as I would, though, I keep mistyping things. Seriously- if there's a story where half the time it says "Sherlcock" instead of Sherlock and other things like that, you'll know it's mine and it wasn't on purpose (though I'll try to find all the errors before submitting it, of course).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

October 6, 2014 2:43 pm  #113

I wonder if poor primary school Sherlock has heard "Sherlcock" one too many times.

Great to see that you are all writing like mad out there. I will simply not panic at all for having no idea yet ...

October 6, 2014 2:44 pm  #114

*Sherlock TSOT Voice* Don't panic. None of you panic. Absolutely no reason to panic. 

LOL about the typos. I can never get my fingers around

Mrs Hudnson
Mrs Hdson
Mrs Hudosn
Mrs Hudson

ARGH!!!

Maybe that's why there are so few fics about her. She's just too much of a pain to type correctly!

Last edited by La Jolie (October 6, 2014 2:52 pm)

October 6, 2014 2:56 pm  #115

La Jolie wrote:

*Sherlock TSOT Voice* Don't panic. None of you panic. Absolutely no reason to panic. 

LOL about the typos. I can never get my fingers around

Mrs Hudnson
Mrs Hdson
Mrs Hudosn
Mrs Hudson

ARGH!!!

Maybe that's why there are so few fics about her. She's just too much of a pain to type correctly!

Oh God, yes. I'm just so glad no one is called Maguire in the Holmes 'verse.

Schmiezi: My own personal panicking will come soon- until now, I've taken the ballistic approach and written towards the one idea which was immediately there. How to proceed however, no idea...

Last edited by Kerkerian (October 6, 2014 2:57 pm)

October 6, 2014 8:51 pm  #116

AAH, my panic attack is starting already. I had such a great idea yesterday and now I need something like a 'plot'.  And the page somehow doesn't magically fill itself. Wait, why am I on this forum? Back to the page again!

About typos, I always struggle with... nessecary... or necessary. You'd say it's 50 percent but why do I always type it wrong then. 

October 6, 2014 8:55 pm  #117

Oh, the words... yes of course, 221 is only one alinea, I've got about 1300 now. Still no plot. 

October 7, 2014 3:39 pm  #118

Are you writing a PWP, silverblaze? A non-explicit PWP? Must be a first.

In case anyone wants any plot, I've got loads. I think I'm currently trying to write three stories at once, the prompt is simply too good.

October 7, 2014 4:16 pm  #119

La Jolie wrote:

In case anyone wants any plot, I've got loads. I think I'm currently trying to write three stories at once, the prompt is simply too good.

Seems familiar!

Trouble also is that I always get the best ideas at work, and I catch myself grinning stupidly whenever I do (which must be avoided because kids are nosy).

Alas! No rest for the wicked! *dudududuu, dududuuuuuh* (I.J.T.S....)

October 7, 2014 6:29 pm  #120

Oh my...everybody started writing frantically already?? Today in the car ride home there was just a first scenery coming into my mind.... But I think it might probably fit with my prompt 
Gosh, I'm soo nervous...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera