BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2012 4:17 pm  #1

Sherlock actors together in non-Sherlock shows

Not sure where to put this, feel free to move it if necessary,

I was watching a Miss Marple last night, Murder Is Easy, with the delicious BC playing her offsider (lucky old girl!) when who should pop up as the village bobby but Russell Tovey, who, of course, plays Henry Knight in The Hounds of Baskerville.

Have you spotted any others?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

April 25, 2012 4:29 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock actors together in non-Sherlock shows

You could say Benedict & Jonny Lee Miller in Frankenstein, seeing as they are both Sherlocks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 25, 2012 5:43 pm  #3

Not sure if it's exactly what you were looking for but Hugh Laurie plays 'House' who is loosely based off of the character of Sherlock Holmes and here we see him play the father of our BBC Sherlock.

The show was called 40 something.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 25, 2012 5:52 pm  #4

Oh yeah - forgot about this.. I am a House MD fan (Pre-season 5)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 25, 2012 7:14 pm  #5

Anthea_MI6 wrote:

Oh yeah - forgot about this.. I am a House MD fan (Pre-season 5)

LOL, remember we thought that was the answer to that really random question on the Scavenger Hunt?

April 25, 2012 7:34 pm  #6

Oh yes..:-S

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 25, 2012 10:54 pm  #7

I think Benedict and Mark Gatiss worked together in Starter for Ten

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 26, 2012 12:42 am  #8

Yep. Benedict and Andrew Scott have performed together on stage, I believe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 26, 2012 1:07 am  #9

Oh yeah, there's a cute photo of them wearing pyjamas and hugging.

April 26, 2012 1:34 am  #10

Well, an obvious answer is The hobbit : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 26, 2012 12:03 pm  #11

Were both in Starter for Ten.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 27, 2012 3:21 pm  #12

mycroft in poirot (in mesoptamia)

puzzle: 10 B

April 27, 2012 5:51 pm  #13

Jim Moriarty wrote:

mycroft in poirot (in mesoptamia)

I thought it was Appointment with Death he was in?

April 29, 2012 12:07 pm  #14

Yes something like that.

puzzle: 10 B

April 29, 2012 5:44 pm  #15

He was in Appointment with Death. Both Andrew Scott and Rupert Graves were in Garrrow's Law. Rupert played Sir Arthur Hill and Andrew played Captain Jones.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 3, 2012 9:07 pm  #16

Well, having just watched 'Hawking' I noticed that John Sessions and a Benedict performed. Benedict as Stephen Hawking and John as Professor Sharma. John played the brother of Connie Prince in A Study in Pink.

May 4, 2012 7:04 am  #17

Also, not an actor I know, but the screenplay for Hawking was...Steven Moffat.

May 5, 2012 7:23 pm  #18

Just finished watching 'Murder is Easy' with Benedict and Russell Tovey. Loved the motorbike scenes. Luke Fitzwilliam. Thought Russell was actually rather good in this too.

May 5, 2012 8:27 pm  #19

The Pirates! Band of Misfits
features the voices of Martin Freeman (The Pirate with a Scarf) and Russel Tovey (Albino Pirate).

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 5, 2012 9:45 pm  #20

I want to watch this! It got good reviews too!

Board footera