BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2014 4:33 am  #1

The Case Of The Lost Edit Button

I cannot edit my posts, and I take it from one of the threads that I am not the only one.

I really need this thing because I am not a native speaker and often see mistakes in my posts only after posting. PLUS sometimes I write before I think and definitely need to erase comments from time to time.

Thank you for taking care!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 8, 2014 6:06 am  #2

Re: The Case Of The Lost Edit Button

Love it!
Hey, I am a native soeaker who claims to have excellent language skills, but my typos are both legendary and atrocious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 8, 2014 6:07 am  #3

And just to prove my point(and I am wearing my glasses!)...SPEAKER!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 8, 2014 6:21 am  #4

So do you just have the options to delete or quote? Is that right? I can contact the administration desk and ask about it. For me everything works as usual. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 8, 2014 6:27 am  #5

I just have the quote button...which as you all know, I never use anyway!

September 8, 2014 6:36 am  #6

besleybean wrote:

I just have the quote button...which as you all know, I never use anyway!

Which would help, sometimes... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 8, 2014 6:37 am  #7

There's only the option "Quote" now. Nothing else. Just like it's not my post. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 8, 2014 6:45 am  #8

I just wrote to helpdesk. I hope they are going to fix it soon. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 8, 2014 7:00 am  #9

I just learned that a setting is wrong. I not have the authorisation to change it back so I have contaced the boss. I hope it will be fixed soon. 

September 8, 2014 9:33 am  #10

Thank you for trying to help, Susi. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 8, 2014 9:42 am  #11

Yes, thank you!

September 8, 2014 10:20 am  #12

It should be fixed now, folks.

I don't know why it wasn't working, seeing as it always has in the past. *shrugs*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 8, 2014 10:51 am  #13

Thank you for fixing it, boss. 

September 8, 2014 10:58 am  #14

Thanks for your help, Susi and the boss!

While we´re at it, since a while I have an automatic line break after I use smileys.. it doesn´t show in the source, only in the finished post. I´ve seen other users having the same problem, too.. nothing too serious, but still a bit confusing at times when the text is interrupted in strange places.

September 8, 2014 12:05 pm  #15

Hate to be the party pooper but I still only have the quote button. 
Is there anything I need to do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 8, 2014 12:49 pm  #16

Same here, tonnaree, mine isn't fixed yet either 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 8, 2014 1:24 pm  #17

And the 'delete'-button is also still missing. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 8, 2014 1:26 pm  #18

Oh right, how could I not see that? Both still missing ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 8, 2014 1:28 pm  #19

Just tweeted the boss. 

September 8, 2014 1:30 pm  #20

The only thing I can say is that maybe it takes a little while to kick in. I have changed and saved the settings, and when I went back in to check, it said that Editing and Deleting was switched on.

If it's still not working in 24 hours, I'll contact support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera