BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2015 1:54 pm  #41

Re: The Walking Dead

That was an amazing episode.  I was very impressed with the artistry and structure.
It also made my heart hurt!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 15, 2015 4:07 pm  #42

Beautiful! Wonderful cinematography. Superb use of music and sound. Stunning acting. Very touching. Very, very sad.  This was an episode of the very highest quality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2015 4:16 pm  #43

It was like a visual poem.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 16, 2015 1:26 pm  #44

It was! Which is why some people didn't like it because they actually had to THINK! We all know that some people find this not only painful but nigh on impossible! Most reactions were really positive, I think. Some of the negative ones just make me want to hit my head on a wall!  'Morons' as Sherlock would say! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 16, 2015 7:49 pm  #45

I'm only up to Season 5, Episode 4, so I'm slowly catching up. Absolutely love this series.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 16, 2015 10:22 pm  #46

WATCH FASTER!

Davina, what did you think of this weeks episode?  
I thought it was also a strong episode.  A lot was expressed without a lot of dialogue.  All of the actors were excellent at showing the toll recent events have taken, both mentally and physically.

For most of it I was convinced that something from the comic books was going to happen, but with the ending I'm not so sure.  Have you read any of them?

Also, do you watch Talking Dead after?  Love that show.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 18, 2015 10:36 pm  #47

Fully caught up now! I have to wait like the rest of you guys. Damn it.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 18, 2015 10:45 pm  #48

Poor thing.  A whole six days between episodes!   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 20, 2015 9:19 pm  #49

Hi! Sorry been AWOL (Dexter was calling). I haven't read any of the comics. I actually quite enjoyed this week's episode even with its slight heavy handedness with some of the symbolism. I thought that, as usual, the acting was of really high quality (I actually gasped at the putting out the cigarette on hand part). We don't get Talking Dead here in the UK (boo!) and have to buy the DVDs to see any of the extras. I like the idea of reading the comics til around about where we are with the series.  Don't really want t know what will happen ahead of time, even though AI know there are big differences between comics and show (Daryl Dixon being one).

Glad you are enjoying it Boss! It is a wonderful show.

February 20, 2015 9:55 pm  #50

Davina, you aren't necessarily spoiled by having read the comics because you never know when they're going to change things!  There are people dead now that are still alive in the comics and vice versa!

Talking Dead is fun!  Have you tried looking for it on the net?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 21, 2015 11:08 am  #51

I am going to see if I can find it on the net, as I really feel I am missing out! I think I'm going to start with the comics.   

February 21, 2015 12:15 pm  #52

I tihink you'll enjoy the comics.  I'm sure you'll find the changes interesting.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 25, 2015 5:14 pm  #53

Series finale coming up!  90 minutes and we are actually getting The Talking Dead here in the UK, just this once! Yay! 

March 25, 2015 6:14 pm  #54

I am not emotionally prepared.

Read an article yesterday that really seemed to think Daryls number may be up.  Don't know if I could stand that.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 26, 2015 12:39 pm  #55

I may not recover from that one! I am concerned that the loss of too many interesting characters will damage the whole feel of the show. I really, really hope Daryl doesn't go. I know everyone must face jeopardy but I'm not ready for him to go.  Running out of emoticons!

March 26, 2015 3:29 pm  #56

I'm rereading the comics and it seems strange that Daryl is not in them!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 27, 2015 4:43 pm  #57

It must be. Although I suppose that gives more room to manoeuvre on the show. That said other characters, like Carol, should have died already.

March 27, 2015 6:32 pm  #58

Yep.  In the comics Carol is dead and her daughter Sophia is still around.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 28, 2015 12:13 pm  #59

Which would have changed the dynamic considerably. 

March 28, 2015 2:58 pm  #60

Oh yes.   I'm rereading the comics and have a bit to catch up with too.  
Honestly, something happened in the comics that upset me so much I stopped reading them for a while.
It's something I am praying they don't do in the show.  :-(

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera