BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2014 1:26 pm  #21

Re: The Walking Dead

Damn.  Wish I could see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 5, 2014 11:19 am  #22

I'm not sure whether you might be able to watch some via AMC.com, maybe. It is truly fascinating stuff, everything from the horror/visual effects 'gags', to the sets, to the music, with everything else inbetween (as a few examples: the helicopter falling through the roof in 30 Days Without an Accident and the building of the prison out of the back of the film studios, the barn on Hershel's farm & the gutting of the zombie to check if Sophia's inside- surprisingly funny to watch). It is very noticeable how much of it is run as a big 'family' type thing and the death of characters, which means the actors' jobs finish on set too, is really very touching. (Norman saying he wants to be Scott (Hershel) 'when I grow up' made me giggle!)

The fact that they make episodes of such high quality (movies really) in such a short length of time is astounding. It is quite clear that absolutely everyone puts their heart and soul into this show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2014 7:45 pm  #23

TWD has been renewed for a 6th season. Happy dance! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 14, 2014 12:56 pm  #24

Anyone seen the season 5 premiere? I have...

October 14, 2014 1:22 pm  #25

Me too.  It was fantastic!    I know it won't last all season but it was so good to see our team back together and kicking ass and everyone survived till the end.  
I know, I know,  those poor three people at the begining, but they were canon fodder from the start.,

Carol!  Oh man Carol is a totaly badass.  And Rick is tired of everyone's crap!

The end though was the best.  Daryl's face when he saw Carol, heartbreaking!  And he ran into her arms.
Then Rick and Carl seeing baby Judth, I was honestly weeping.  Ask my husband!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 18, 2014 12:07 pm  #26

It was interesting that they used Sam from the other season, knowing one of the other group had the effect of making the events even more traumatic! I cried when Carol & Daryl reunited (the poignancy and dramatic effect of this relies SO much on what we know of both of their characters and their pasts) and also the baby Judith reunion with Rick & Carl. I thought this episode was pretty much spot on perfect.

We just now this won't last though.....Valar morghulis and all that.

I introduced a friend to the series last week, she watched the first 3 episodes and declared herself completely hooked. She didn't think she would like it because it was about zombies but then I explained that isn't really the case. She is now on season 2 (up to finding Sophia...) and declared it powerful stuff. That just about sums it up...wait until she sees the other episodes and seasons!

October 19, 2014 7:16 pm  #27

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2014 7:52 pm  #28

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2014 7:54 pm  #29

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2014 7:55 pm  #30

My friends Melissa and Vera with Norman Reedus.  Yes, I hate them a little.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 21, 2014 9:10 am  #31

Only a LITTLE? Just kidding...don't shoot me! THUD! (Ha ha! ) 

November 30, 2014 4:12 pm  #32

Mid-season finale tonight in N.America and 9 p.m. Tomorrow here I the UK (and ROI). Very nervous about what is going to happen!

December 3, 2014 2:44 am  #33

I have to be honest and say that if someone had to die, I am relieved at the choice.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 4, 2014 10:39 am  #34

Yes, sounds bad but so am I. The repercussions of the death are worrying but I think they'll be ok. It was the reactions of the other characters/actors that really got to me. 

Now just the long, long wait until February. My son and his girlfriend are both fully converted fans now. He couldn't watch on Monday as he got back late home after rugby training and she made him promise he would watch it with her, back at Uni, on Tuesday. They did. I asked him if he cried. He denies it. I fully expect her too, especially as her name is basically the same as the latest victim! 

My daughter still has to catch up from season 3 so we are all sworn to secrecy! Bloody hell!

December 11, 2014 3:09 pm  #35

Hey! I'm new here, but I am an huge fan too of TWD. With Sherlock, it's my favorite tv show. I've watched every single episode, and read some comics. It's amazing to know people who like both Sherlock and The Walking Dead!

December 11, 2014 10:29 pm  #36

Hi! Yay! Another one! We have eminently good taste! 

December 11, 2014 10:31 pm  #37

*high fives Davina*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 12, 2014 9:25 am  #38

February 6, 2015 2:04 pm  #39

NEW WALKING DEAD THIS WEEKEND!

*happy dance*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 9, 2015 10:04 am  #40

TONIGHT! YES! Soooo excited!

Board footera