BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2014 5:59 pm  #161

Re: New special edition of series 1-3 with lots of extras

Draconia wrote:

Does anyone know when the season 3 special edition ( with the deleted scenes ) will be released in Germany?

Do you need it in German?
Otherwise you can simply order it from BBCshop.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 4, 2014 8:21 pm  #162

I WANT THE "GAY CLUB SCENE"!!!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 4, 2014 8:32 pm  #163

Are we getting it?
Steven says it's verry boring!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2014 8:35 pm  #164

I don't think so.

Steven, let us decide if it's boring! Just the thought of Sherlock surrounded by topless men is hilarious.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 4, 2014 8:40 pm  #165

I can't imagine he'd  be very interested in them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2014 9:48 pm  #166

Well NEED is the wrong word...
I would love to have at least the german subtext possibility...
And the Question is, does an english blu ray work in a playstation 4....

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

November 4, 2014 9:52 pm  #167

Sadly, I would happily sit through any deleted scenes, no matter how rubbish (although the one we saw definitely wasn't rubbish), any snippets from the cutting room floor, any scripts (would LOVE to have the scripts), basically any little bits and pieces they think aren't worth putting on the DVDs,  and quietly obsess to myself. 

November 6, 2014 3:12 pm  #168

I´m glad we have all this new information.. I think it saves us from a lot of wank, pointless theorizing and unrealistic expectations for S4. I hate not knowing, and now that I know I feel a lot better.. even if it´s not entirely what I hoped for.

November 7, 2014 6:46 am  #169

Ok so I eventually got my hands on my box set and so was able to start viewing Wed night,
First an intro: so I have created a Sherlock shrine, on my mantelpiece.
I have the signed photo of the boys, which my colleague got me for my 50th birthday,
In front of it I have put the lovely postcard paintings of the boys and right at the front are the 2 lovely statuettes.
Ok, well then a practical comment: I am having a heck of a time with all of the different discs: THREE TIMES I put in the wrong disc last night, before I actually got the right one I wanted! I'm partly having a real job distinguishing between the blu ray and dvds...they are virtually identical to me!
Anyhow. I've viewed both commentarie so far and tonight it's the 'extras' dvd...tho what' the betting I first put in the blu ray by mistake!

Last edited by besleybean (November 7, 2014 6:48 am)

November 7, 2014 7:12 am  #170

It's not just the blu-ray ... I've got the basic version, and I got the normal DVDs mixed up.  I've worked out that the first disc has a 12 certicate and the second disc has a 15 certificate, so that's how I tell them a part.   The third disc (thankfully!) has "bonus features" written on it. 

November 7, 2014 7:14 am  #171

Thank god it's not just me...but multiply your problem by three...no, six!

November 7, 2014 1:42 pm  #172

I guess this really is the best thing you can do with those statuettes...

http://benedivtcumberbatch.tumblr.com/post/101965998670/okay-but-what-did-you-expect-me-to-do-with-them

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 9, 2014 3:25 pm  #173

I finally got mine... I ordered it ages ago... but apparently post to Denmark takes aaaaages,

I still need to listen to the commentary, but I'm glad I got this DVD! 

Uhm... is it weird that I hugged it as soon as I got it out of the packaging? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 9, 2014 4:15 pm  #174

I just about battered down the door of our delivery office, when it opened at 7am and just about snatched it out of the post master's hands,,.so no, not weird at all!

Last edited by besleybean (November 9, 2014 4:16 pm)

November 9, 2014 4:27 pm  #175

love the link to the photo of the statuettes, thanks Solar! 

As folks have mentioned, very interesting Steven comment re: future of Mary.
I know it's probably been discussed  on the Mary thread,  but I found it an
interesting interpretation of the one mention of Mary's disappearance in
the Canon-- that "his sad loss" may or may not imply Mary's death.   That Moffat...

November 9, 2014 4:42 pm  #176

I felt the way they were talking about her was as though she's going to be around a while...but maybe they just ddin't want to give too much away.
Martin has indicated she may die.

November 9, 2014 5:31 pm  #177

jenosborn wrote:

love the link to the photo of the statuettes, thanks Solar!

As folks have mentioned, very interesting Steven comment re: future of Mary.
I know it's probably been discussed on the Mary thread, but I found it an
interesting interpretation of the one mention of Mary's disappearance in
the Canon-- that "his sad loss" may or may not imply Mary's death. That Moffat...

Although I learned that in ACD canon the term "bereavement" is used.. wouldn´t that be a strange choice of words for a divorce?

November 9, 2014 5:43 pm  #178

See I thought it just said: my own recent loss.

November 9, 2014 7:22 pm  #179

A lovely Steven Moffat quote from "Sherlock Uncovered": 

“These are still the formative years of Sherlock Holmes. The most important thing about this series is not that it’s updated; it’s the fact that those two men are still young and they’re still at the beginning of what they don’t yet know is gonna be a lifelong partnership.”

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2014 7:29 pm  #180

Yes, a nice version of the 100 year spoiler.
They will work together as long as they are able to.
And be friends, as long as Sherlock doesn't retire to the country to keep bees alone or wirh somebody else!

Board footera