BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2014 7:30 pm  #1

New special edition of series 1-3 with lots of extras

I just found this. Please take it with a pinch of salt as it has not yet been announced by Sherlockology or BBC. Would make a nice Christmas present:

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/sherlock-series-3-special-edition-dvd-details-announced

Last edited by SusiGo (September 4, 2014 8:51 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 4, 2014 8:38 pm  #2

Re: New special edition of series 1-3 with lots of extras

Oh don't tease me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 4, 2014 8:45 pm  #3

Heavens ... Susi ... why did you do this???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 4, 2014 8:50 pm  #4

Now here is some new information. And it is the complete series and it is not really cheap … just saying …

http://shop.bbc.com/us/sherlock/sherlock-complete-seasons-one-three-limited-edition-gift-set/invt/19034%C2%A0

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 4, 2014 8:55 pm  #5

Outtakes an a deleted scene... promising!
And it will be nice to finally have the "Many Happy Returns" mini-episode on DVD too.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

September 4, 2014 9:00 pm  #6

There has been already quite a lot of speculation if this could the gay club scene. 
And commentaries for series 3 could be interesting as well. 

September 4, 2014 9:28 pm  #7

Outtakes, outtakes, outtakes, that's all I'm saying.
But wow, that's a christmas present my whole family could give to me... "not really cheap" is a nice way of putting it, Susi.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 4, 2014 10:09 pm  #8

Outtakes. 
There will be outtakes.

It's almost like a new episode!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

September 5, 2014 1:23 am  #9

I am filled with incredible wants.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 5, 2014 2:12 am  #10

I want that gay club scene so badly. And outtakes are always so much fun! And I would do a lot for a HLV commentary... I'd pre-order, but I'm going to be out of the country for about six months and won't be able to get mail. Dang. Guess I'll put this on my list of things to get when I get home late next spring.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

September 5, 2014 3:56 am  #11

Oh sh ... That's expensive!!!! But if this really includes the gay club scene and more promising ... again ... oh sh ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

September 5, 2014 6:07 am  #12

Looks fab, just can't wait for news on a Brit release.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 5, 2014 9:56 am  #13

Oh my goodness!! I need this! I want this right now! How should I wait until the release?
I've so missed the mini-episode and the audio commentaries on the DVD for series 3. I'm so glad that they finally put them on DVD. I can't wait! *jumpingaroundtheroom*
That will be the best Christmas I've ever had.

Edit: Look what I've found on the British BBC Shop: http://www.bbcshop.com/drama+arts/sherlock-complete-series-3-special-edition-dvd/invt/bbcdvd4004.

Last edited by Steph (September 5, 2014 10:41 am)

September 5, 2014 10:50 am  #14

Ah, brilliant. Thanks a lot for the hint, Steph.

(Tony Hadley)

September 5, 2014 10:53 am  #15

Yeah, thanks for the hint. I was already getting nervous because I ran out of opportunities to spend my money on. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 5, 2014 11:00 am  #16

Money making of the worst, if you ask me. I don't even want to see these scenes.
They could have added it to the first edition if they had wanted to, but no, they waited to jump on the Christmas train and lure fans to get more DVD sets of the same. I find that disgusting.
Rant over 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 5, 2014 11:19 am  #17

Here's the Blu-ray version in the British BBC shop for those who have a Blu-ray player: http://www.bbcshop.com/drama+arts/sherlock-complete-series-3-special-edition-blu-ray/invt/bbcbd0290

September 5, 2014 4:01 pm  #18

Jeez, are we getting a UK DVD?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 5, 2014 5:13 pm  #19

I take comfort in the fact that all the extras will be on the internet the day after it's releasesed. 

Not that I still won't buy it when I have the money.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 5, 2014 5:18 pm  #20

Harriet wrote:

Money making of the worst, if you ask me. I don't even want to see these scenes.
They could have added it to the first edition if they had wanted to, but no, they waited to jump on the Christmas train and lure fans to get more DVD sets of the same. I find that disgusting.
Rant over

Just a brief aside in their defense.  I see this happen a lot.  The first release of a DVD is usually "bare bones" so that they can get it out quickly for those that just care about owning the movie/show.  Then when there is more time they do extras and commentaries etc.

I think this is especially true with S3 of Sherlock.  It was on sale almost before the credits rolled on HLV!!  I went ahead and bought it because I'm obsessed.      But somethings I wait on.  I haven't bought any form of the Hobbit movies yet because I am waiting for the Deluxe Extended Edition Bluerays that you know will be produced. 

jmo

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera