BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2014 3:54 am  #1

Hamlet to be filmed and shown in cinemas through NT Live?

"I felt very strongly that as wide an audience as possible should have access to it..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2737177/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Sherlock-takes-Hamlet-big-screen.html

This would be ... fantastic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 29, 2014 9:41 am  #2

Re: Hamlet to be filmed and shown in cinemas through NT Live?

I've already lost all my hope that I will be able to see Hamlet but now... Fingers crossed!

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 29, 2014 10:02 am  #3

This will be great. May i hope now for a DVD release? 

August 29, 2014 10:06 am  #4

I don't think so. If they stick to their policy... still no "Frankenstein" on DVD, why should they release "Hamlet"...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 29, 2014 10:58 am  #5

I really appreciate Benedict's and Lyndsey Turner's efforts to make this not an exclusive, hard to afford high-brow even for a comparably small group of viewers (compared to the number of fans worldwide) but give as many people as possible access to it. This is really wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 29, 2014 11:02 am  #6

It is, indeed. Still, I don't think they will release this on DVD. Which is kind of sad... the RSC for example releases tons of their productions on DVD. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 29, 2014 11:39 am  #7

Frankenstein on DVD.  A two disc set including both actors in both roles and lots of behind the scenes extras.

Is there anyone here at the forum that wouldn't buy this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera