BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2012 12:15 pm  #1

Group story

I don't know what everyone will think of this idea or even if it will end up working well as some of you live at the ends of the earth-pun fully intended BC fans! My idea is this.

We each take turns to add a sentence to a story based on Sherlock.

Someone writes the first sentence. Then someone else writes the next and so on. It can included speech, thought, whatever you want.

It isn't like role play because we don't just take one character. What we do is progress the story in ways that sometimes we don't expect.

Would prefer if it didn't go all Johnlocky and we have a mixed age group of members so don't lose your  marbles over this! Lol

It might be a bit slow progressing at times but it does allow everyone, no matter what their time zone to contribute. The only problem might be if we get two posts come in at the same time but you can always just have a fight on a rooftop to sort it out! Lol

What do you think? Up for the challenge?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2012 12:21 pm  #2

Re: Group story

I have done something like this before for TW as it was very amusing to say the least.. I would be up for this..(have too much time on hands when on nights..)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 24, 2012 1:15 pm  #3

OK, that sounds like a brilliant idea! Are you going to start it off then Davina?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 24, 2012 5:58 pm  #4

It was pouring with rain outside, there had been no cases for two weeks and Sherlock was bored.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2012 6:10 pm  #5

Sherlock lay on the sofa, idly plucking at the strings of his violin, waiting for John to bring him over a cup of tea.

April 24, 2012 7:57 pm  #6

Suddenly there was a knock on the door downstairs.

April 24, 2012 8:09 pm  #7

The door bell wasn't working because Sherlock shot it.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 24, 2012 10:26 pm  #8

"Mrs Hudson!" Sherlock shouted. "The door!"

April 24, 2012 11:02 pm  #9

They heard Mrs. Hudson opening the door and John jumped by her sudden shout of terror.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 25, 2012 1:41 am  #10

"ooh dear BOYS there's 20 of them!!!!" Mrs Hudson shrieked.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 3:15 am  #11

Sherlock exchanged a long look with John...the bored, dull, lifeless Sherlock was suddenly eclipsed with his sudden interest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 25, 2012 7:04 am  #12

'Ooo...this could be interesting!' exclaimed Sherlock, jumping up and clasping his hands together eagerly.

April 25, 2012 8:44 am  #13

"Really? 20?" wondered John under his breath, as he turned off the tea kettle.

April 25, 2012 8:53 am  #14

Before anyone knew what was going on, 20 Girl Guides were standing in 221B holding a rabbit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 9:36 am  #15

"oh" said Sherlock, "Boring" and he flopped back onto the sofa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 25, 2012 9:54 am  #16

"You haven't even heard what they've got to say yet!" said John, shaking his head at Sherlock.

April 25, 2012 10:01 am  #17

Just then Mrs Hudson walked in with a tray of milk and cookies for all the little girls who were sitting crossed legged on teh floor and looking up dreamily at Sherlock.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 10:14 am  #18

Sherlock groaned. If Mrs Hudson started feeding them there was every chance they would stay all afternoon and he'd been enjoying the silence not five minutes before.

April 25, 2012 10:21 am  #19

John smiled at the group and addressed the one who appeared to be the eldest. "So...um...how can we help you?"

April 25, 2012 10:31 am  #20

Regina stood up, staring in awe at Sherlock "well sir, we found this rabbit near the old power station, it had a note attached to it and was addressed to you so we brought it here but of course everyone wanted to come because you are so famous and smart and we've all got your picture on our walls and ........."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera