BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2016 12:06 am  #261

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

Both of them smoking types of Pipes and wearing types of jackets. Also, like Brett, Cumberbatch had his hair slicked back.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 3, 2016 12:09 am)

January 3, 2016 12:09 am  #262

You don't want me to compare them, right?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 3, 2016 12:19 am  #263

No, you don't need to 

It just that since I'm a fan of Jeremy Brett as well as fan of BBC Sherlock, it was fun to see the subtle nods to the Brett series in last night's episode as it only added to my enjoyment of it.

January 4, 2016 5:23 pm  #264

Here is another great shot of Jeremy in his Top Hat

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 12, 2016 3:46 am)

January 11, 2016 8:41 pm  #265

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2016 3:45 am  #266

Another shot of The Brothers Holmes

January 26, 2016 8:56 pm  #267

He won´t be parted from his Watson:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 27, 2016 7:51 am  #268

January 27, 2016 9:09 am  #269

January 27, 2016 9:14 am  #270

January 27, 2016 3:41 pm  #271

He really loves to smoke them pipes!

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 27, 2016 4:05 pm)

January 27, 2016 3:55 pm  #272

January 27, 2016 4:09 pm  #273

January 27, 2016 7:30 pm  #274

He´s perfect. A true embodiment of a Victorian gentleman. 

January 28, 2016 8:43 am  #275

January 28, 2016 11:29 am  #276

You took the words right out of my mouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 28, 2016 4:48 pm  #277

Some more great shots 

January 28, 2016 4:51 pm  #278

A promotional pic from the feature film, The Eligible Bachelor. Powerful Image!

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 28, 2016 4:52 pm)

January 28, 2016 7:26 pm  #279

Great gifs! 

Wow, I never saw Eligible Bachelor, so this promotional pic is new for me. Powerful pic, indeed. Poor Jeremy - he was already ill when that picture was taken, wasn´t he?

January 28, 2016 8:21 pm  #280

Yeah, he was ill when he made it. I do think all the episodes are worth watching (at least once) but in alot of the later episodes towards the end of the series (particularly from "Memoirs") he is clearly not well and it not always comforting to see him in that state even if his acting performance is still excellent.

Board footera