BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2014 8:52 am  #1

Sherlocked since 2012

Hello!

This is my first time in a fan forum - usually I spend my time at Tumblr (multifandom-madnesss). Yet since I'm currently writing an essay on Sherlock and the meaning of Digital Media for the series, I decided to make my first forray into the realm of forums!
I'm 23, female, from Berlin and also a fanfiction author (JayEz at AO3) and I look forward to interacting with you all
Best wishes, 
Jay

July 26, 2014 9:24 am  #2

Re: Sherlocked since 2012

Hello there, nice to meet you 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 26, 2014 9:42 am  #3

Thanks :D Since I'm very new at this, do you have any pointers, rules, dos and don'ts that I need to know about? Any cardinal sins of forum users?

July 26, 2014 11:00 am  #4

Hi and hallo;)
Again a German...our country got a lot of people here ;)

Have fun!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 26, 2014 11:38 am  #5

Apparently thank you! bzw: Danke!

July 26, 2014 7:12 pm  #6

Welcome to the forum, Jay 
Rules? I think one can't do wrong as long as he's polite and respects others' opinions, so don't worry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 27, 2014 6:33 am  #7

Alright, then I think I got it covered :D thanks!

July 27, 2014 9:20 am  #8

Herzlich willkommen!
Have a great time here - and also, have a great time writing your essay! Sherlock seems to be a very popular topic to write about at the moment. If I'm not very much mistaken, there is at least one other person on tumblr who just finished writing about it.
As for this fourm: Just jump in and enjoy writing as well as reading.

Oh, and I just had a look at your tumblr and of course immediately saw that Doctor Who regeneration collection... Tennant's "I don't want to go" even kills me when I just see a tiny gif...

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 27, 2014 9:23 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 28, 2014 6:49 am  #9

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, and I just had a look at your tumblr and of course immediately saw that Doctor Who regeneration collection... Tennant's "I don't want to go" even kills me when I just see a tiny gif...  

Oh yes, I'm not too deep in the DW fandom but it still gave me feelings... 

And Sherlock is wonderful topic to write about! One day there'll be books over books in film schools, maybe like there are with Buffy :D

July 28, 2014 6:54 am  #10

Welcome, Jay_Ez, nice to have you here. And as the others have said, there are no rules here but to be nice to each other. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2014 7:25 am  #11

Jay_Ez wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh yes, I'm not too deep in the DW fandom but it still gave me feelings... 

And Sherlock is wonderful topic to write about! One day there'll be books over books in film schools, maybe like there are with Buffy :D

I only started to watch DW quite recently and immediately fell in love with Tennant's Doctor. Compared to "Sherlock" it's a completely different experience of course, but still... it's a lot of fun and also pretty sad at times. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 28, 2014 7:43 am  #12

I loved Ten as well.. but Jack Harkness stole my heart ;) If you ever need another TV show I can reccoment Torchwood. I prefer it over DW actually.... and it will tear your heart out... 

July 28, 2014 7:51 am  #13

I actually watched "Torchwood" before I started watching DW... 

July 28, 2014 10:38 am  #14

:D

July 28, 2014 4:54 pm  #15

Welcome to 221B. 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 30, 2014 5:37 pm  #16

thank you (and I submitted an answer yesterday but apparently it failed to post, so sorry for the delay!)

July 31, 2014 10:01 pm  #17

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera