BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2014 9:05 pm  #1

Regarding Magnussen

I’d like to believe that the explanation he gave to Sherlock that his vaults were all in his head was all B.S. and that all proof he had on his victims was at some unknown location and not at Appledore. I tend to imagine that at this secret location he would have his own electronic, mass surveillance computer just like the government. I mean having such a system he would be able to “know everything” about anyone he wanted and become the napoleon of knowledge that he claimed to be. Also, he would be able to remember it all due to his “excellent memory.” However, such a revelation would take things into “Persons of Interest” territory far too much I think.

Still, it all goes to show why I feel Magnussen was taken out too soon just when he was getting interesting (so much so that you could up with your own fantasy theories about him).

Last edited by BrettHolmes (July 24, 2014 9:13 pm)

July 25, 2014 9:35 am  #2

Re: Regarding Magnussen

There's a bit of a discussion here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4660 about whether it was likely he could have been so successful at blackmailing if he didn't have any tangible proof, which you might be interested in

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera