BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2016 10:10 pm  #421

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

SusiGo wrote:

What a horror scenario! 

They promised us devastation, did they not? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 11, 2016 10:11 pm  #422

That would indeed be devastating. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 11, 2016 10:39 pm  #423

Aw hell no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 11, 2016 10:40 pm  #424

I still don't see why anybody would request a test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2016 1:25 am  #425

I don't know why they'd do that either, but the person who posted that did say it was a crack theory.

Clueing for looks.

February 12, 2016 4:48 am  #426

What a terrible way to start your day! Now I need some very strong coffee. :-p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 12, 2016 7:04 am  #427

Yeah that's crack... but there's still something about Mary we're missing

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 12, 2016 7:31 am  #428

I thought it was kind of funny, especially the idea that they ALL think Sherlock is the father (including, presumably, Sherlock and Mary!).  But as you all say, there would be no need to try and match the baby to Sherlock, so it wouldn't happen even if John did a paternity test.  It would be funnier if Sherlock somehow deduced that the baby was his!  Or Mycroft's? 

February 12, 2016 7:43 am  #429

Liberty wrote:

It would be funnier if Sherlock somehow deduced that the baby was his!  Or Mycroft's? 

LOL!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 9, 2016 9:31 am  #430

BBC3´s Baby Watson:

http://bbcthree.tumblr.com/post/142453850432/three-be-honest-what-do-you-think-about-baby

I wonder if this too is considered inappropriate or sarcastic. 

April 9, 2016 10:00 am  #431

I am a BBC 3 fan and am missing it from my TV.
However, I often find their humour(and this is a case in point) infantile..though possibly appropriately so, in this instance.
And can we please stop dressing girls in pink and boys in blue?!(See why I have a very particular sense of humour?!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 9, 2016 10:25 am  #432

Harriet wrote:

Aww, they'll raise John's twins together, and things will be fine

But..."it's never twins!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 9, 2016 10:42 am  #433

I still laugh at that line.

April 9, 2016 10:44 am  #434

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 9, 2016 10:51 am  #435

For me personally, pathetic.
But then I don't like people dressing up animals, either.

April 9, 2016 1:42 pm  #436

April 9, 2016 4:00 pm  #437

That's just fabulous!

Also, BBC3 loves us and wants us to be happy.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 9, 2016 4:01 pm  #438

Only a shame it got booted off TV.

April 9, 2016 4:10 pm  #439

I like BBC Three's take on Baby Watson, it's funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 9, 2016 5:04 pm  #440

nakahara wrote:

LOL! Very cute! 

I used to be quite opposed to baby Watson, but now I've kind of warmed up to it. It could make for some very funny moments between John and Sherlock, and I have trust in Moffat and Gatiss to handle this particular storyline the right way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera