BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2016 5:09 pm  #401

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

Ooh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2016 12:20 pm  #402

As I said, it was about the direction of series 4 at all, just a casual question. And it was completely unnecessary to mention it in this context, yet he did. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2016 6:37 pm  #403

Interesting, indeed!  Not only does it imply that the baby will feature, but kids is plural, and "picking them up" suggests school pick-up - so a few years in the future.   It could be entirely hypothetical (just explaining that this is the sort of relationship they have), but an odd example to choose if there's no plan for John to have kids.   The picking up suggests that John might be a single parent too (usually the other parent would be first choice for a pickup).  

January 12, 2016 6:38 pm  #404

I would so love them to go down this road...
But I just don't see it happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2016 6:44 pm  #405

The route of a Watson family and their every day life including the weird uncle picking up the kids from school with stomach ache?
No thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 12, 2016 6:46 pm  #406

Don't worry, mrshouse, to me this sounds way more like Parentlock 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 12, 2016 6:48 pm  #407

I'm not sure if I want to see that either 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 12, 2016 6:52 pm  #408

Aww, they'll raise John's twins together, and things will be fine 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 12, 2016 6:56 pm  #409

Harriet, are you sure that your perfectly healthy?

Last edited by mrshouse (January 12, 2016 6:56 pm)

January 12, 2016 7:00 pm  #410

Twins?!

January 12, 2016 7:00 pm  #411

It must be twins, they mentioned kidS. And IF there is a pregnancy, there will be only one.
Or do you think it might be even triplets? Heck, I'd watch that! 

January 12, 2016 7:13 pm  #412

If it was twins, they'd know by now (unless the characters know but aren't telling us - quite possible!). 

January 12, 2016 7:37 pm  #413

Liberty wrote:

Interesting, indeed!  Not only does it imply that the baby will feature, but kids is plural, and "picking them up" suggests school pick-up - so a few years in the future.   It could be entirely hypothetical (just explaining that this is the sort of relationship they have), but an odd example to choose if there's no plan for John to have kids.   The picking up suggests that John might be a single parent too (usually the other parent would be first choice for a pickup).  

Please, if you watch the whole interview you will see that it went like that. The interviewer brought up the subject of Sherlock doing ordinary things like holding a best man speech or picking up John's kids from day school. Steven did not mention it of his own accord. 
What is interesting to me is the fact that he expressly pointed out that Canon Watson had no children. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2016 7:40 pm  #414

Oh, I think I see we're you're going with this.
Right.
Well I'm happy whatever the outcome.

January 12, 2016 9:08 pm  #415

It reads to me as if Mr Moffat thinks it's a silly question and thinks the asker does not know canon John has no children. So is answering but making it clear it's irrelevant .

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 12, 2016 9:09 pm  #416

Yes, he's far too  nice to say: don't waste my time with stupid questions.

January 12, 2016 9:20 pm  #417

Actually, I've just watched the interview on youtube (I felt that I wasn't understanding it out of context!), and he doesn't say anything about canon.  In the response to the question about whether Sherlock would pick up Watson's kids (or go shopping, or have a facial) he says " Because one of the things you really have to get your head around in writing it, especially in the modern day: He's a real person.  He's a man.  If he had to pick up Watson's kids, in the event that Watson ever had any kids - who knows what will happen? - he'd do it.  If Watson asked him to, of course he'd do it.  People do things like that.  He has to function in the real world".  (My transcription isn't exact, but gets the gist of it, I think).

So no reference to canon, and no revelation, unfortunately!   The "Watson" he's talking about is modern day John.  But yes, there is the admission that it's not guaranteed that the baby will appear - not clear if he says that because he doesn't want to confirm that the baby will appear - avoiding spoilers either way?

Last edited by Liberty (January 12, 2016 9:24 pm)

February 11, 2016 9:59 pm  #418

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 11, 2016 10:00 pm  #419

What a horror scenario! 

February 11, 2016 10:10 pm  #420

Yeah, like Sherlock would ever do that!
It's possible paternity would be an issue, but I think it's going to be something far worse.
Incidentally, why would there even be a paternity test?

Board footera