BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2014 10:36 am  #261

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

It looks like death/disappearance of the baby in pregnancy is unlikely:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/mark-gatiss-were-never-going-to-reveal-anything/1/408306.html

Mark Gatiss: We know that Mary is expecting a baby at the end of season three, and we will see the child - maybe at some point in the future, depending on where we pick up from.

(I love his word "antici-pointment"!)

December 23, 2014 10:39 am  #262

I know this sounds horrible, but that was dissapointing. Becoming a father is bound to change John's priorities. I just don't get this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 10:48 am  #263

No, I know what you mean (isn't that what Sherlock realises at the wedding too?).  But seeing the baby doesn't necessarily mean seeing it with John.  Or seeing it with John for any length of time.  Something could happen around the time of the birth, or just after.   Or we could see Mary somewhere else with the baby. 

I know I'm reading too much into it, but "depending on where we pick up from" is interesting.  It's not meant to be a hint, I'm sure, but I'm imagining it is! 

December 23, 2014 11:15 am  #264

I also feel that those are rather disappointing statements. What does that have to do with "Sherlock"? We had way more Watsons than we ever had in canon, personally I'm done with that. Please, please, please, no more Abbingman- homestory. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 23, 2014 12:01 pm  #265

I still don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them, whatever it is they are saying.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 23, 2014 12:04 pm  #266

It's interesting that he says "the child" and not "their child" or something more personal.  It could be argued that this is a hint the child is not John's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 23, 2014 12:07 pm  #267

...or that it will die after all...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 23, 2014 12:08 pm  #268

At the moment, I'd prefer that. Easy way out without the need to kill the baby off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 25, 2014 7:51 pm  #269

Will someone explain to me the head canon of the Watson baby being called Lily, and where that came from? Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 25, 2014 7:55 pm  #270

Another question I wish I'd asked...I've seen that too and never really taken it seriously...but if we really ARE going to get thsi baby afrer all...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 25, 2014 8:00 pm  #271

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Will someone explain to me the head canon of the Watson baby being called Lily, and where that came from? Thanks!

I think it comes from "Mary Elisabeth Watson", as read on the wedding invitations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 25, 2014 8:00 pm  #272

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Is that really a head canon? I read at least ten different names in ten different fics. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 25, 2014 8:11 pm  #273

How do we get Lily from Mary Elisabeth(Celtic spelling!)?
Oh as in 'Lil bet' and then Lily?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 25, 2014 8:26 pm  #274

Or it comes from William, now that I think about it.
Not easy to make a female version from William or Scott.

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 25, 2014 8:28 pm)

December 25, 2014 8:31 pm  #275

Schmiezi wrote:

Or it comes from William, now that I think about it.
Not easy to make a female version from William or Scott.

That makes more sense!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 25, 2014 8:39 pm  #276

Yes, I like the idea. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2014 10:24 pm  #277

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 26, 2014 10:54 pm  #278

Problem solved! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 27, 2014 8:49 am  #279

Clever plot twist.

December 28, 2014 8:32 am  #280

Swanpride wrote:

I don't really see the baby as limiting. More as an opportunity to explore new ground.

Now that is true. To me, it comes down to the question, "Do you believe that Moftiss have a very clever plan, or did they maneuver themselves into a corner?" I'd like to believe that they have a very very clever plan.

Board footera