BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2014 5:34 pm  #1

Hello all from Dallas TX!

hello everyone - a bit nervous.   Became a Sherlock fan very late, just a couple months ago, but have since become a ravenous beast for all things Sherlock, and most obsessively, Benedict Cumberbatch! I'm prolly one of the older members here...does that make me a creeper? No matter, I adore everything about the man: his looks, his philosphy, his acting, HIS VOICE. I follow everyone from the show who has a Twitter account, and would love to be part of #setlock. I even started Meetup group to find those of a like mind in my area, and even started a Tumbr to fill with all those dishy pics of BC (so many pics...so little time) I'm also slogging through the entire ACD/SH canon, having never read it before, so I've become quite the obsessive fan. I can only hope it all tapers off...a little.

Sherlock, IMHO, is the most perfect TV program I've ever watched. From the writing (OH! to have a mind like that) to the acting, to the MUSIC (also obsessed about that), to the cinematography, to London itself (want to move there), everything is done so brilliantly. Hopefully I've now caught up enough to join the other fans who are waiting anxiously for Season 4.  But these two-year hiatuses are insanity...is Moftiss trying to kill off their fanbase?

Similarities to Sherlock: I'm single, I don't suffer fools well, am impatient, I'm social but have few friends (why can't people just think?), I'm smarter than I let on, and my father actually is a mathematician! (did his daughter inherit any of that mathy-ness? Fraid not). No violin. No beakers. No heads in the fridge.

Looking forward to meeting new fans/friends (and if you're in the Dallas area, would love to have you join my Meetup group:  meetupDOTcom/SHERLOCKED-Allen-Plano-McKinney). 

If ever thou gavest hosen or shoen, every neet and all,
Then sit ye down and put them on, and Christ receive thy saul.
And if ever thou gavest meat or drink, every neet and all,
The fire will never make thee shrink, and Christ receive thy saul.
This ae neet, this ae neet, every neet and all,
Fire an' fleet an' candleleet, and Christ receive thy saul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WHZ_IgTVw

July 20, 2014 6:19 pm  #2

Re: Hello all from Dallas TX!

Warm welcome, angel.
I am sure you will soon see that you have chosen the right place to share your addiction.
(I am looking for a polite way to tell you that there are more members here older than the typical fangirl, but I can think of none. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 20, 2014 6:29 pm  #3

Hello there and welcome - I'm a newish fan too!  I don't know what took me so long.  I would guess that many, many fans are on the older side, however you define "older"! 

July 20, 2014 6:38 pm  #4

A warm welcome, angel, from one of the older, ahem, girls. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 20, 2014 6:48 pm  #5

Hi angel,
what a great introduction!
Welcome from a fellow older fangirl.
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 20, 2014 6:49 pm  #6

Hello and welcome to the forum Angel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 20, 2014 7:51 pm  #7

And welcome from me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 21, 2014 5:34 am  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum;)

And dear..didn't you get the memo?
All over 30 is the new "Girldom"

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 21, 2014 1:08 pm  #9

Hi Angel,
Welcome to the forum. I only discovered Sherlock last September and I love everything about it too. I am also making my way through all the books. I love BC as well. Have fun.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 21, 2014 2:00 pm  #10

Welcome to the forum, angelislington
I totally agree with you about how perfect BBC Shelrock is. I watch a lot of tv series with good acting, writing, directing, music, locations, drama, humour,... but Sherlock is the only one that has it all.  And oh, Benedict...

Nice to meet you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 22, 2014 12:58 am  #11

Nice to meet another new Sherlock fan! I've only been on the forum a few weeks, and so far, it seems like we come from all age groups (many are what the high school and college-aged people would consider "older.") It's interesting how much Sherlock draws such a wide variety of fans.

There's also the fact that you're never too old to fangirl (especially over somebody like Benedict).

Board footera