BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2012 2:03 pm  #141

Re: The weather

Winter in the Northern hemisphere has its charms, too. My son's work:

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 2:07 pm  #142

Good boy he is, your son! Sweeping the snow, isn't he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 7, 2012 2:09 pm  #143

Yes. But before sweeping he got creative. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 8:55 pm  #144

Great to have such a creative son! More importantly though, someone to shovel the snow. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 7, 2012 9:11 pm  #145

harleyq wrote:

Great to have such a creative son! More importantly though, someone to shovel the snow. 

Combining business with pleasure. 

December 9, 2012 2:19 pm  #146

Here in the Southern Hemisfere it's summer now, not winter. And here in tropical areas, summer is rainy and winter is dry (really!!). And it never snows (sadly). Well, I'm actually celebrating a drizzle that happened this morning!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

December 11, 2012 4:36 pm  #147

Now it shall be some minus degrees for some days, so I tried to do my first self made ice lights and I like them. I think I have to make some more  :

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 11, 2012 4:46 pm  #148

They're beautiful. It's a wonder that ice can give such a warm light.

December 11, 2012 6:23 pm  #149

Today the  roads were quite icy and I almost hit some idiot with my bicycle... He was walking on the bicycle way although... How can one be so stupid and to not be able to see you should walk on the pavement with the people drawn on it and not on the road with the bicycle drawn on it...
I was so shocked... He didn't seem to notice... he just walked on, headphones on...

December 11, 2012 6:37 pm  #150

Mattlocked wrote:

Now it shall be some minus degrees for some days, so I tried to do my first self made ice lights and I like them. I think I have to make some more  :

Those are quite nice, but thinking about what they're made from makes me shiver! Here in Houston, it's around 8°C and sunny... and by our standards, that's cold! It was 27°C on Sunday.

Last edited by equiraptor (December 11, 2012 6:38 pm)

December 11, 2012 7:52 pm  #151

Lelli wrote:

Today the  roads were quite icy and I almost hit some idiot with my bicycle... He was walking on the bicycle way although... How can one be so stupid and to not be able to see you should walk on the pavement with the people drawn on it and not on the road with the bicycle drawn on it...
I was so shocked... He didn't seem to notice... he just walked on, headphones on...

People with headphones in drive me crazy. not to mention the cellphone thing too... o.O

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 11, 2012 8:29 pm  #152

Yes... Like there's no real life anymore
I myself own a mobil phnone not a smart phone and i found myself in situations whe my friends (all smartphone owners) and I sat together but instead of talking with me they all did their own thing on their little addict phone...
I know sherlock has one but he's not so addicted to it (well he needs it a lot but not like all the others) i also think that woman who brings john to mycroft and also irene quite annoying... With their phones...

This is not really thread related... Sorry^^'

December 12, 2012 4:30 am  #153

It belongs in the "Free Rant" thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 12, 2012 2:04 pm  #154

Yes... it sort of does... ok, I'll stop talking about it...
Back to the wether:
It's really beautiful outside <3
Snow and sunshine <3
It's a real winter wonderland out there <3
The only annoying thing coming with the snow are those stupid blokes who always shoot snowballs at you on the schoolyard...

December 12, 2012 2:19 pm  #155

Well, it's snowing like crazy here...

Oh, wait a minute, that's just the snow on the forum website. Nice touch. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 12, 2012 9:21 pm  #156

I wish it was snowing at my house. It's actually partly cloudy/partly sunny/ partly rainy/ partly warm.

December 12, 2012 9:38 pm  #157

Mattlocked wrote:

Discovered it just now, Mattlocked. They are soo great. Or shall I say Cool? 
You've inspired me 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 12, 2012 9:43 pm  #158

horserider99 wrote:

I wish it was snowing at my house. It's actually partly cloudy/partly sunny/ partly rainy/ partly warm.

The weather in Middle Earth is so unpredictable, isn't it!

Harriet, you should wait a while - +9 for the weekend........
AND: put something under the tea candle. Mine went all through the ice bottom. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 12, 2012 9:46 pm  #159

Mattlocked wrote:

Harriet, you should wait a while - +9 for the weekend........
AND: put something under the tea candle. Mine went all through the ice bottom. 

Thanks for that useful hint! We are already planning for christmas 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 8, 2013 8:25 am  #160

Well, we have some new record breaking weather conditions here.
The term 'Heat Wave' just doesn't do this situation justice really.
Temperatures are getting so high that the Bureau of Meteorology have had to revise their colours on the temperature maps by adding 2 new colours for 50+C temps!

"This heatwave event, which was forecast to push the limits of previous temperature extremes,
has required an adjustment of the scale used to represent forecast temperatures with new colours representing 50-52°C and 52-54°C."

I am so glad I live close to the Bay.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera