BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2012 8:20 am  #121

Re: The weather

SNOW! Wasn't forecast as of yesterday either! Battling out in my 4x4 into the chaos I kow will await as we just do not cope with the white stuff here. I was going to travel a distance to pick up my daughter from college as she is right poorly (tonsillitis) but there is no way I can now. Those of you in countries/areas that cope with snow think yourselves lucky. I am now off onto the roads with people who don't know how to drive in snow, those with rear-wheel drive vehicles and no winter tyres/snow chains. Oh, it will be such fun! Hopefully I will be back on here later. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 8:31 am  #122

Oh shush you!
Heat wave conditions here; and you wanna talk snow??!!

Only 2 more working days till I am on leave again; the island is beckoning me closer and closer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 5, 2012 2:29 pm  #123

Bali hi calls me! I wish! All set to freeze to nice slippery conditions overnight here. Maybe 2 cms of snow and one local school has closed by 11a.m. as not all staff could get in. Pathetic really!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 3:07 pm  #124

Yesterday was above 70 here (okay, 22 or so for you Celsius people). Quite nice. But we had a really warm winter last year, with no snow at all, so we really need a good hard freeze this year to kill of some of the bugs and such.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 5, 2012 3:26 pm  #125

35 Celsius on Monday, 29 today and apparently it'll snap tomorrow with a storm which should help clear the air up.

I've had hot Christmas' before but this is the first one in the Southern Hemisphere - turkey is off for sure!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 5, 2012 6:44 pm  #126

Off the menu...or just 'off'?

December 5, 2012 7:05 pm  #127

Davina wrote:

Off the menu...or just 'off'?

It'd be both a think. I might try to do a nice salad dressing with sage and thyme in it. Adapting Christmas flavours to a salad of sorts might be a nice distraction. I'm up for ideas!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 5, 2012 8:49 pm  #128

I might be getting snow this weekend if my forecast guy is anywhere accurate (like he is...never). A couple feet would be nice, but not very likely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

December 5, 2012 11:02 pm  #129

Maybe some dried cranberries?

December 6, 2012 3:00 pm  #130

(Oh I love cranberries)

Today it snowed!
Everything looks so peaceful and other than Sherlock I don't find it hateful...
Still, I don't like the snow on the streets and the cold temperatures since I have to ride to school by bike every morning...
I love the way the snowflakes gently float down on all the rooftops and the little birds on the bird house, picking seeds and hiding from the wind.

December 6, 2012 5:05 pm  #131

I like the snow. I think in the history-lesson everyone was just looking out of the window because of this amazing snowflakes (@Lelli)... I like the winter, when the snow finally came. When it is just cold and dark it's not really my favorite thing, but with snow, I really like winter. Walking throw the snow, and, what's also really nice, is riding in it... I really enjoy this weather when I'm going to the stable, and I hope that the snow will keep on until this weekend when I'll go riding. "My" pony also enjoys it a lot, she's so cuddly when there are snowflakes all over there, sometimes she try to catch them with her tongue, so sweet!
I hope it won't rain tomorrow. I hate it when it's rainy in winter, then all is so... muddy... Sort of depressing!
But what I really don't like are this fu**ing stairs near of our house... There are dangerous ice-layer all over the steps these days and I felt down them today - now I can't sit down on a normal way on this chair... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 6, 2012 6:05 pm  #132

Snowing here today as well. But just a little bit. It started freezing, not much though. I love winter time, I love snow and winter sports, but last years the winter was not a real winter, we had more mud than snow...

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

December 6, 2012 7:00 pm  #133

Today it has mostly bucketed down.

I'll get the ark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 6, 2012 7:08 pm  #134

Heated steps are the way to go! Hope you are ok from your fall on them. I did it once and concussed myself. Today was icy here.

December 6, 2012 7:34 pm  #135

Better-yes. After have checked the benedict-thread and this one from martin, of course... And not to be forgotten, Andrews new-one! 
Well, I sometimes said that winter don't start until I fall down this stairs ( I think there's not one single year I didn't fall  ).

Outch! Sounds really hard and painfull! 
No, it wasn't as bad, fortunately -lucky me! ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 7, 2012 8:02 am  #136

Oh. All our snow has gone. Washed away by a torrential downpour that lasted all night. Now everywhere is flooded again.

December 7, 2012 8:05 am  #137

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Started about an hour ago and it's really much. Suppose the traffic's going to collapse once again. And I'm sitting here nice and cosy, looking into the wintry garden …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 12:06 pm  #138

Pssst! Why not make a Sherlock snowman? Just a thought.

December 7, 2012 12:18 pm  #139

Brilliant idea. Now I just need a nice coat and a blue scarf and black wool for the curls. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 12:32 pm  #140

m0r1arty wrote:

35 Celsius on Monday, 29 today and apparently it'll snap tomorrow with a storm which should help clear the air up.

I've had hot Christmas' before but this is the first one in the Southern Hemisphere - turkey is off for sure!

-m0r

Well, welcome to Xmas Southern Hemisphere style.
Now, you can do as some do & try to hold onto the archaic belief that its not festive without hot roasted meats; or you can do as we do, cold meats & salads with the added exotic feature of mountains of seafood piled high on the tables.

You see we are blessed in the half of the world:
- Xmas is a time for excessive eating
- Seafood hardly 'packs on the pounds' even when eaten in excess

It's a win/win situation from what I see.

Oh, for the record, we had some rather hot days this week; peaked at 39 near here; 40+ out west from here. Weekend looking to be cooler & a few showers & storms. Typical Queensland Xmas weather.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera