BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2012 12:23 pm  #101

Re: The weather

Glad to hear you had no damage, Sherli! Cyclonic storms are so weird; I have a cousin in PA with no power, and a friend on Long Island (not the North Shore) who only had to pick up a few small tree branches from her yard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 31, 2012 5:49 pm  #102

So, is everyone from the East Coast present and accounted for?

November 1, 2012 1:58 am  #103

Davina wrote: You seem to have been very lucky where you were.

"Nothing ever happens to me..."   

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (November 1, 2012 2:00 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 1, 2012 8:09 am  #104

But some times that can be a good thing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 1, 2012 10:39 am  #105

True, Davina, but that was the perfect opportunity to use that line!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 1, 2012 3:59 pm  #106

The cat slept all day in the sunshine and is now not amused that it is raining. So it's my part now to be his animator.

And every 5 minutes I have to open the door so he can check if it is still raining.

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 1, 2012 4:03 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 1, 2012 4:24 pm  #107

My cat used to do that and then glower at me, like it was MY fault it was raining!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2012 4:28 pm  #108

Exactly. Just now he even miaowed at me reproachfully. But finally went out. After the fifth try. Phhhh.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 5, 2012 6:43 am  #109

Cats and rainstorms are not a good mix.   I  once let my cat out  (when she still could see)  on  a cloudy  day....She came in  soaking wet,  poor thing.   

East Coasters,  I'm  thinking of you lot too!!  I  hope you are all getting the help that you need!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (November 5, 2012 6:44 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 5, 2012 8:26 pm  #110

Weather in England at the moment - Cold, rainy, windy. Perfect Sherlock coat weather (although I have been getting my hair wet a lot, seeing as Sherlock coats don't have hoods).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2012 8:27 pm  #111

Beautiful up here...but cool enough to wear your coat!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2012 10:24 pm  #112

Think we may have had the tail-end of Hurricane Sandy today. Blimey!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2012 10:32 pm  #113

Very dry lately. Cloudy today, for once. It's been very cold; like SH said, good Sherlock coat weather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

November 22, 2012 2:42 am  #114

I had 6.35 cm of rain yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 23, 2012 8:42 am  #115

Wet! Wet! Wet! Windy! Windy! Windy! Today is SUPPOSED to be dry (yay!) but colder (boo!). Wind has dropped for now (yay!).

December 1, 2012 8:56 am  #116

Much colder here the last two days and nights with more to follow. Got below freezing and heavy ground frost. Already walked the dogs in it now off to do the horses. Got my ski clobber on to keep me warm.

December 1, 2012 11:02 am  #117

Gorgeous winter day here.
Cold but bright.

December 1, 2012 11:10 am  #118

To top it all it is now raining AGAIN here! That makes a nice change...NOT!

December 1, 2012 5:34 pm  #119

Davina wrote:

Much colder here the last two days and nights with more to follow. Got below freezing and heavy ground frost. Already walked the dogs in it now off to do the horses. Got my ski clobber on to keep me warm.

You have horses? That's so cool! I can totally relate to your dislike of ever colder weather. It's been quite cold here the last couple of days and winter doesn't even officially begin for another three weeks. It's going to be a long, cold haul yet. 

This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 2, 2012 8:47 am  #120

Yep. Got one 25 ex-showjumping pony (retired) she has arthritis and a 9 year old Belgian Warm-blood mare showjumper. Another cold night and day ahead of us but at least it looks set to stay dry today.

Board footera