BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2012 12:14 am  #41

Re: The weather

sherlockskitty wrote:

I dunno what to do about the weather.   No  rain since april,  just heat,

You should move to London, Kitty. I've been there for five days and the five days it was raining. It felt as if it was October or November in Spain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 15, 2012 12:51 am  #42

OOOOHHH   welcome back  to the forum Irene!!   No---I  don't like walking or singing in the rain  anymore. I  only meant that it stopped.    So  I  think....when it rains here,  I'll go to London,   when it rains there,  I'll come back here.   brilliant,  hmmmm??  Thank you for inviting me tho. What months of the year,  Does it snow in London?

I'm doing much better now.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 15, 2012 12:54 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 15, 2012 12:59 am  #43

sherlockskitty wrote:

OOOOHHH   welcome back  to the forum Irene!!   No---I  don't like walking or singing in the rain  anymore. I  only meant that it stopped.    So  I  think....when it rains here,  I'll go to London,   when it rains there,  I'll come back here.   brilliant,  hmmmm??  Thank you for inviting me tho. What months of the year,  Does it snow in London?

I'm doing much better now.

Brilliant indeed. I'm thinking in doing something like that... maybe each season in a different place of the world
I don't know when it snows in London, but I can tell you in January/February you can have snow in the northern half of Spain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 15, 2012 1:06 pm  #44

It hardly ever rains in Canberra and I miss it dreadfully. I grew up on the coast (near Byron Bay) and it rains there a lot! The sound of rain on the roof is one of the most soothing sounds, as long as it doesn't turn into a flood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 17, 2012 6:27 pm  #45

Occasionally snows in London. In December 2010 we had loads and Heathrow ground to a halt, although it actually ground to a halt when there was only 1cm! Sometimes we get snow as late as April. We a stuck the wrong side of a stationary jet stream at the moment which is why you Americans have had hot, dry weather and we have had rain, rain, rain. Wettest April and June on record and likely will be wettest July as well. It actually hasn't rained today...yet!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2012 11:44 am  #46

As today is the birthday of two of my favourite English men you could see myself celebrating this day by walking around wrapped up in my Union Jack jumper. The weather is really bad for July where I am right now (close to the German North Sea coast) – one thunderstorm after the other and it's raining panthers and hounds, accompanied by strong winds.
15°C/59F

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 19, 2012 6:16 pm  #47

oh  poor tobe--rain,  rain,  go away,  Sherlock won't have time to play today---Oh,  so THAT"S  why  we're having such hot weather here,  because we're stuck on the other side of a newfangled jet stream thingie?  GRRRRRRR  I  wish I had a pool,  but I don't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 19, 2012 6:46 pm  #48

Same here Tobe. Not so bad today, just a little bit of rain but it has been terrible weather. What a washout of a summer! I think by the weekend it should be getting better for us and you.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 12:10 pm  #49

This week, the weather has been just the other way round. Very warm and increasingly humid.
Fortunately, I was allowed to leave my office today three hours earlier than usual.
The temperature then was like this:

Thank god it's Friday...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 27, 2012 12:14 pm  #50

Yes, this week has also been hot for us and quite humid too. Oh I wish I had air-conditioning in my house! To day is more overcast and we have had a little bit of rain. Still very warm and humid.

July 27, 2012 7:02 pm  #51

No A/C? I would hate that...

I went to Montana this week and it was actually cold in the mornings there... and now it's only about 25 C/ 80 F in Iowa 

July 27, 2012 9:58 pm  #52

Only! I bet it isn't as humid as here though. Oh we have NO idea about a/c here. My aim is to get some for the house. That and bug screens because we don't have them either!

August 18, 2012 10:31 am  #53

BOILING! A bit concerned as my daughter's at a massive music festival called the V Festival and a paramedic acquaintance was there yesterday and was still putting drips into people at midnight last night.

August 18, 2012 10:36 am  #54

Hot! Hot! Hot! in Germany  Hope your daughter's well, Davina.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 18, 2012 11:34 am  #55

So do I. Have sent her a motherly, concerned text warning her about the dangers of dehydration and sunstroke.

August 18, 2012 11:39 am  #56

Sahara's wind here.. even sitting in the shadow I feel like a dried fruit after some minutes. The wind takes immediately all humidity from my skin with it.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 18, 2012 11:56 am  #57

No shadows on my balcony yet - I just decided to watch some Basil Rathbone films. Might cool me down a bit. Benedict's too hot for me right now...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 18, 2012 12:07 pm  #58

Depends....
I'm just watching the interview with Mofftiss and Sue in DK.
They show small scenes of Sherlock here and there - which cause goose pimples to me actually...   

Edit: Now after watching the rooftop scene I'm freezing. Have to go back outside.

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 18, 2012 12:47 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 20, 2012 2:56 pm  #59

Still blinking hot! Daughter back from festival with a nice lobster coloured skin and a peeling forehead. Ginger & sun are not very compatible.

August 20, 2012 3:18 pm  #60

Oh, your poor daughter! I hope she's OK and doesn't hurt too badly.
It was boiling where I was last week, peaked at 41! One of the people we were with got prickly heat or something. I just got a kind of heat rash thing on my cheeks. The worst bit was that it stang like billyo when I tried to put sun-cream on it!
She should jump into a nice cold bath... I bet the festival was fab, though!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera